Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Show me pics of your stolen bikes
  • fieldy
    Free Member

Just thought it might be worth keeping an eye out for members stolen bikes. We recently had two quality bikes nicked from our garage along with some other equipment and we have been desperately trying to spread the word that these have been robbed, we have been using various forums and twitter but to no avail. A thread on here reminding folk of the bikes that have gone missing and will give us an idea of the numbers involved. We need to get the images out in the public domain to remind fellow riders of the bikes that we are in search of….these bikes must go somewhere??

A Santa Cruz Heckler and a rare Tomac Primer downhiller as pictured below were nicked on 20 December 2013 from Cleckheaton in West Yorkshire.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Plymouth, UK. Stolen back in November.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Heres 2 that got stolen early September. Both custom builds and pretty recognizable.

2 Orange Five’s, 1 Purple 16 inch and Disco Black 18 inch.

Any one spots similar please let me know.

One was mine and the other my moms.

Still hope to get them back.

chakaping
    Free Member

These were taken from me a year and a half ago.

Don’t expect to see them again now, just still a bit angry and sad…
    [img]http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb7236192/p4pb7236192.jpg[/img]

joespencer33
    Free Member

Any Chance of getting this as a sticky thread Mods?

fieldy
    Free Member

It would be useful to have it as a sticky but if not I will revisit the post every other day to keep the thread going. I know it might be a bit tedious for those that haven’t had the misfortune of having their bikes stolen, but for those that have this is a way to jog peoples memories and for others to actively participate in the search for out pride and joys.

FOG

I can’t because someone has stolen it, an Orange Clockwork.

fieldy
    Free Member

Mug boo, just seen thus on a twitter feed a little earlier and sent the police more pics of my two that went missing….fingers crossed!!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Thought I was the only person with a purple five, that’s only the third one I have ever seen! The sad thing is someone will be buying these bargain bikes at unbelievable prices! And then bragging about their absolute steal of a bargain……

pbooker1995
    Free Member

@Suggsey

Same here, I’ve never seen another in 16 inch so pretty easy to spot. They have been gone 4 months now but still hope to get them back at some point. Would be nice as my moms still paying the finance on the Purple one.

Keep an eye out!

tomaso
    Free Member

Stolen last October from Lancaster and no sign yet. However fourth bike stolen was recovered and someone is being done for handling stolen goods – also Police have gone back through ebay account and contacted all the “winners” of the 30 or so bike auctions he has run in the last 15 months.

2010 Stumpjumper with Evo RP23 shock, Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti forks, very battery Mavic 521s on red Hopes, Reverb with gauge near top, Sunline 40mm stem, Answer red bars, Spoon saddle, XT brakes, SLX doube and bash. Frame is battered and looks awful with lots of scratches heel/cable rub and down tube dents.

Near enough new Trek Stache 7 all standard except chunkey money front tyre and easton vice 50mm stem.

My wife’s Genesis Core 20 with old style Recon air forks in black and a mix of XT and Deore components, green plastic flats, Ragley carbon kevlar bars, Hope rear hub Specialized stout front on Mavic rims.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

15 months ago now

Missing bike by stilltortoise, on Flickr]

Missing Whyte 46 by stilltortoise, on Flickr

twistedpencil

This is a great idea for a sticky thread, people who have posted about the bikes being nicked on here could link to it as well. This way if anyone sees anything suspect or sale they could have a look through this thread to see if it’s a forum users.

Touch wood I haven’t had a bike nicked since 1997, but with the number of stolen threads on here a sticky pulling them all together could be a really useful way of trying to link owners back to their old bikes.

fieldy
    Free Member

The stolen bikes that were recovered from the Low Moor raid in Bradford didn’t include mine sadly.

drain

My Dahon Flo, nicked from my car in mid October 2013. You’d’ve thought that the Ritchey breakaway frame, Mary bars and pink cabling would make it stand out a bit on a resale or if some local toerag has got it. So far, zippo 🙁

gonzy
    Free Member

stolen 9 months ago…still no sign of it.

bellys
    Free Member

Stolen in 2012 OnOne 456 carbon FSA carbon bars Joplin post.
    ]

Also had a Boardman team HT 2008 model (mint condition )and a rockrider 9.2 stolen 2012 model 6mth old but not got photos at hand as there on PC at home.

fieldy
    Free Member

Please keep a look out for any of the above bikes fellow STWers

fieldy
    Free Member

C’mon guys keep those eyes ops

matt_outandabout

100_5179 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Had my Zesty stolen on Wed night / Thursday morning this week from north Bolton. Was totally gutted! At first it made me wonder if there was any point replacing it… surely that is exactly what the thieving scum will be waiting for? Then i started to wonder about strava, blogs, forums… all the places i leave a ‘footprint’ advertising my bike.

Then i manned up, set about beefing up security and ordered a new one! At this point I feel that I really have to pay massive credit to Tesco Home Insurance who have been absolutely first class and paid out for ‘like for like’ meaning that the new bike is almost £500 more than i paid originally. Really chuffed and cant wait for the new one to arrive and get back on those trails!

This is the old one. I’m watching ebay and gumtree with interest though i’m unsure of what would happen if my bike was now found? Would i get it as well as the new one??

Finally and in agreement with earlier posts, cant we make this thread sticky?

fieldy
    Free Member

Exactly the same thoughts as me…..although I will find the culprits eventually, but I’m not going to ruin my life searching for them…..and as promised, I wil keep this thread moving to the top!

MrAgreeable

Take your pick. There are a lot of extremely nice bikes on here. One that stands out recently was an X0-equipped carbon Trek Superfly.

http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/search?q=mountain+bike

A sticky stolen bike thread would be a great idea. It’d open people’s eyes to how commonplace theft is, might make them take additional security and recovery precautions (you’d be amazed how many people don’t bother noting frame and fork serial numbers down), and it might also make them think twice before picking up a bargain with a fishy back-story.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

7 years on and I’m still sad.

fieldy
    Free Member

7 years??? guess you never really forget this kinda stuff?
    Hope mine turn up within 7 years. Just want them back in one piece.

fieldy
    Free Member

Keeping the thread running…. And Shredder has seen my bike in the Bradford area today.
    So there’s hope yet!

fieldy
    Free Member

If you’ve had a bike nicked get it posted on here and let the STW gang look out for it!

fieldy
    Free Member

Anyone seen any of the above bikes

fieldy
    Free Member

Have a look out for any of the above whilst you are out today peeps

fieldy
    Free Member

Please keep an eye out off any of the above

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Thanks for keeping this thread alive fieldy!

MODS: Can we make this sticky????

fieldy
    Free Member

No Problem…the more these are out in the public domain the better chance we have 🙂 and as you might have guessed…I really want these bikes back!

fieldy
    Free Member

Keep looking peeps

fieldy
    Free Member

Please post anything to do with stolen bikes on this thread

konabona
    Free Member

British Downhill Series have just posted about stolen bikes being recovered, after the owner spotted them on Pinkbike, ip address was tracked and four hours later knock knock Scumbag arrested! No more details atm 😀

daverallye

Great idea Fieldy…thanks for keeping it going 🙂

My Santa Cruz Superlight was stolen from Maidstone on the evening of January 9th. I’d been up at the Cyclopark in Gravesend, and someone either followed me home or saw me putting the bike away as they took only this bike, leaving my hardtail and lots of tools etc. No sign of her yet, but Barclays have been great with the insurance, and I’m just trying to man up and get myself out of the ‘what’s the point in getting another one as they’ll only steal it’ phase!

Spec:

Frame Santa Cruz Superlight # . A040100192 (grey)
    Forks. Pace RC40 (black carbon fibre)
    Crankset. Shimano LX
    Pedals: Superstar Nano Thru Pin Pedals
    Brakes. Avid Juicy 5 (180mm rotor front & 160mm rotor rear)
    Wheels. Mavic 717, XT hubs
    Gears. XT front, rear & shifters
    Bash Guard: Blackspire Super Ring God
    Bars. Easton EA50
    Seatpost. Race Face Evolve
    Seat clamp: Superstar Quick Release
    Saddle. Charge Spoon (brown)
    Rear Shock. Fox RP3
    Stem. Race Face Evolve
    Tyres: Maxxis Minion DHF
    Grips: ODI Lock-on (black)

fieldy
    Free Member

No problem…keep a look out peeps!!

fieldy
    Free Member

Seems there are more and more going missing….but some are being found!

Burchy1
    Free Member

This was stolen from Chepstow about 9 months ago. Unlikely to be found but there can’t be that many PA frames with a ‘Every time you change gear God kills a kitten’ sticker on them…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Show me pics of your stolen bikes’ is closed to new replies.