Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Should STW cap the number of posts per day?
  • CHB

Following recent elf related news, and the way that threads here quickly get dominated by mega posting “hitters” with keyboard diahorea…I have a suggestion.

If STW limited number of posts per account to say 30 per day (hell even 50!) then the tirades from the usual suspects would be capped to a given amount in any one day.

I really dont get offended by anyones views or opinions on here. As said before I think the range of political views and personalities creates a rich and vibrant forum. But some posters use the forum equivalent of ranting by posting and posting and posting until everyone gets turned off or goes away because of their ranting.

Fewer more considered posts would help fix this.

THOUGHTS?

CHB

Maybe also a higher posting cap for subscribers?

Would it be like Milk Quotas, where I’d be able to sell my unwanted posts to someone else ?

will
    Free Member

I quite like reading the nonsense that some people continually talk, so I don;t think it should be capped 😆

See your point though!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

How many pages can this make? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

many should be capped at none

donsimon
    Free Member

No, but I think there should be some kind of quality of thread standard.

[Thread closed.]

CHB

Well I am up to 3 so thats 27 more to go!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Given they make money out of page-hits, I reckon they should pay us to post, or award the highest posters like in the old days.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

makes me laugh to be honest, i mean i thought i spent a lot of time on the net, but then I see all the posts from the self titled Singletrack.com big hitters, it amazes me they’ve got time in the day to eat and have a crap

jambalaya
    Free Member

On a related point this forum is pretty archaic in terms of presentation and hosting software. As forums go (non cycling) this isn’t particularly busy but it’s hard to navigate around and find stuff

skeetsgb
    Free Member

i dont think they should cap the number of posts, my problem is that i dont get to see all the posts as there are hundreds on different topics of “bikes” we have a bike frorum but i think that should be separated down into sub category,s eg. new bikes, tyres, frames, routes, brakes, clothing etc etc

mogrim

Never quite understood why this is considered to be something needing a “fix”:

1. “Big hitter” (argumentative) threads are very easy to identify (hint: check the subject matter, the page count, and if all else fails, open the thread and see what it’s about). If you don’t like it, do something else. (It really is that easy).
    2. The number of argumentative threads is considerably lower than the total number of threads.
    3. Most of the people (me included) who end up arguing on those threads also post normal non-argumentative stuff on other threads. Occasionally we even post something useful.
    4. Who TF are you to censor these threads? I like arguing, and so do a fair number of people on this forum. (And yes, I’m equally argumentative in “real” life).

I’m sure that if there were any real evidence that this kind of posting were affecting forum custom Mark &co. would be along to stop us.

druidh
    Free Member

Perhaps we could have a limit on the number of times you’re allowed to post the same sentence in any given thread? It might not stop all of the stupid arguing, but it would do wonders for my vocabulary.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Most of the Big Hitters (and I think I am the only self-entitled one, there was an elf-entitled one) contribute a lot of positive stuff IMO.

There are quite a few minnows who just post up Daily Mail type links with “isn’t this awful!” – they should be banned.

I think Mark is on a ban-fest after the “GW double whammy”. I hope those 2 never meet up on a ride, GW really is like that in real life.

Nick

I’ve been riding my bike all weekend, have I missed something?

cynic-al
    Free Member

ick – Member
    I’ve been riding my bike all weekend, have I missed something?

Not sanctimoney, it seems.

Nick

Sorry, didn’t mean for it come across like that, I had been riding all weekend…

http://iwillbebacksoon.blogspot.com/2012/01/mach-n-back-2012.html

zokes
    Free Member

many should be capped at none

A few now are…

have I missed something

Nothing of consequence. A few people with very high opinions of themselves no longer have the opportunity to express their opinions on this forum. That’s probably a good thing, but not that important, so rest easy 🙂

Not sanctimoney, it seems.

Is that like sacred money?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Should STW cap the number of posts per day?’ is closed to new replies.