Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Should I swap my E150 fork(s) for a 2010 Talas RC2?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Right, looks like I'm going to stick with the Enduro SL for a while (no bad thing!), so since I'm not spunking out on a new frame, I thought I might get a new fork instead 😆

Currently running two bikes with Specialized E150 forks, the Enduro (came with the bike) and an Orange Sub Zero (picked up a spare E150 a while ago just in case the first played up, never has though 🙂 )

I'm tempted to sell both forks and pick up a 2010 Talas RC2 from Si @ Progressive bikes, with the view to swapping it between frames as and when I feel like it, sound like a plan?

What have been folks experiences with the new 2010 Talas RC2? Will it be a noticeable difference to the E150 do you think? They're 160mm-130mm-110mm adjustable right? Do they run OK set at 130mm permanently (as they'll be for the Sub Zero)?

cheers STW 🙂

br
    Free Member

Fox 36's are a fair bit heavier than the E150's, and would probably spoil both bikes…

I'd spend the wedge on something bling.

psychle
    Free Member

2.6kg for the E150 (inc stem and axle) and 2.26kg for the Fox? Liking the look of the Point One Split Second 70mm stem (139gm), so Talas + Stem = ~2.4kg, or am I missing something from my equation?

dt5714
    Free Member

I got some 2010 36 Talas RC2's from Si in the new year, they are running great. They are 160-130-100. I run them in 130 quite a lot, just extend them at the end of the ride……….doubt I really need to-I'm just like that!!

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Swap, (but, if you can, go lyriks :wink:)

psychle
    Free Member

Funny you say that, been sorely tempted by a set of Industry Nine Enduro wheels in red & white 😆

psychle
    Free Member

Lyrics are heavier again? Any reason you'd suggest them over the Fox?

LoCo
    Free Member

The 2010 Talas is a superior fork in terms on damping and travel adjust system, I believe (don't quote me on this though) that the travel adjust in the E150 is maybe a copy of the Talas 1 system due to the patent lapsing after Talas 2 was introduced (we're on Talas 3 now).

psychle
    Free Member

Most seem to be raving about the FIT damping, tempted to give it a go, the extra 10mm travel up front shouldn't hurt things too much?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I've always had issues with fox forks and reliabilty, cracked lowers and worn stantion. I've found that rockshox's better in the uk conditons and really easy to give a strip down and service on your own (sram even have videos on youtube showing you what to do). Personnelly I find the odd gram here and there makes no difference, but quality/reliable forks do. Just my opinion mind.

LoCo
    Free Member

wouldn't think so, you'll probably want to upgrade the rear shock after riding with the fox's though 😮

brakes
    Free Member

if you're the kind of person who keeps stuff clean and serviced then get the Fox's, they're lovely when they work
    otherwise don't bother, I don't know whether the 2010s are any different but the service intervals on Fox are daft and they will end up pissing oil at some point and ruining your day

psychle
    Free Member

the service intervals on Fox are daft and they will end up pissing oil at some point and ruining your day

Don't know if this is genuinely the case… I refer you to this thread perhaps?

Bregante

psychle – Member

Funny you say that, been sorely tempted by a set of Industry Nine Enduro wheels in red & white

also got an SL here and the i9 wheels would be where my money would go. Don't be a sheep, stay with the E150!! 8)

psychle
    Free Member

It is the right fork for the bike, 'tis true… mmmmm, I9 wheels, so very blingy 😆 8)

Bregante

especially if you're still running the godawful DT Swiss rims that mine came with. I went with some sturdy Sun MTX rims cos I haven't got the dough but I'd love the 25mm bolt through wheel set from i9

psychle
    Free Member

I have a set of Traversees on there now, not particularily blingy, but nice wheels 🙂

Bregante

just seen your ad! looks like you're still not convinced?

psychle
    Free Member

testing the waters…

brakes
    Free Member

I only know from friends' experiences with Fox forks how frustrating they can be, particularly those forks that are worked hard

Bregante

get the i9's (how much for the traversees?) 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Should I swap my E150 fork(s) for a 2010 Talas RC2?’ is closed to new replies.