Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shorts – what do you wear?
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

The liner on my Humvees has finally given up and have been looking at different options.

I started wonderiing whether some lycra shorts with a baggy short over the top might be a better solution. Perhaps a bit longer lasting and more options for wearing, say waterproof, over shorts.

What do you wear, baggies with a liner or lycra and baggies and which make?

kimbers

these with some decent baggies over the top

im in bum heaven?!? with these babies on, last ages too, bloody hard to get in the uk though!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Standard cycling shorts under baggies here. Endura Zyme 3/4s mainly. Don’t see the point of integral liners as they mean you can only wear the baggies once between washes. Separate shorts also mean that you can strip off your muddy kit at the door – thereby gaining spousal points without frightening the neighbours 😀

burnie
    Free Member

Does the liner in your humvees not just unclip? I wear my humvee outers with whichever pair of lycras I find first, or some days without any liner at all 😮

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Some Altura lyrca (pro gel maybe?) with some Endura Singletrack 3/4 on top, pretty much year round- add some unpadded tights if it’s F. cold.

I had some Humvees before and never got on with the liners- when clipped in they weren’t in the right place, and even when not clipped in they weren’t very comfy. Bit like zipping your fleece into your Gore-tex- much better to have them separate IMO.

specializedneeds

Good quality bib lycra under your baggies of choice is the smart option. Roadies wear bibs for a reason and they (usually) pedal a lot further than an mtber. I’ve found Giordana a good balance of quality, comfort and value from CRC. Far far better than an Endura liner.

brakes
    Free Member

who wears short shorts?
    we wear short shorts.

tazzymtb

endura mt500 bibshorts or the endurance ones have for me. DHB are pretty bloomin good for a cheapy option as well

CaptJon
    Free Member

Fox Ranger – love ’em.

nealy
    Free Member

Fox Altitude baggies with the separate Evo liner that comes with them. Very light and very comfy, no signs of wear after a year of riding but will need a smaller size soon and will definitely get them again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shorts – what do you wear?’ is closed to new replies.