Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano XT M785 & SLX M675 Brakes – What Pads???
  • dickie
    Free Member

I need some new pads as the original have worn out – whats favourite with most people?
    Sintered or Resin?
    Any good bulk buy deals out there?

MrGreedy

Discobrakes.com sintered have always been good for me – cheap and reasonably long-lasting. (Though whatever pad you use, make sure you bed in properly – that’s a different STW thread in itself, but a few hard stops at least).

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have been using the sintered ones from Uberbike- they last a LONG time, much longer than any resin pad. I’d not recommend resin ones, cheap or otherwise, until the weather changes in 20 years time.

hainman
    Free Member

£7 a pop on superstar or £23 for 4pairs….

danielgroves
    Free Member

I’ve been running resin pads on my M785s. 6 months old and they are still about 50% on life. Personally I think (if they carry on at this rate) on new set of pads a year is pretty good.

deviant
    Free Member

Use the soft compound ones from Superstar myself, great value and loads of bite.

dickie
    Free Member

Anyone used the Superstar Kevlar?

nickdavies

I use EBC pads from merlin – tried superstar but I bought 2 pairs and 1 fell apart on the first ride. The other lasted 6 months fine so maybe just a bad one.

I’ve always used resin compound – I think some shimano discs are resin only, not sure if this makes any real world issues if you use sintered.

matther01
    Free Member

Using sintered non-finned for the winter and resin non-finned in the dry on my SLX brakes on both bikes.

Tend to stick with Shimano pads from the Continent, but they still appear pretty expensive when compared to Superstar and Uber…may give them ago next time around.

matther01
    Free Member

nickdavies – using sintered pads on resin only discs will warp the disc due to excessive heat build up…which is why I ditched the crap RT64’s on my EX8’s and went Ice Tech instead…any excuse for an upgrade!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT M785 & SLX M675 Brakes – What Pads???’ is closed to new replies.