Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano MT91 reviews ?
  • jiff
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a pair of Shimano MT91 boots – but also see that shops seem to be selling the previous model off fairly cheaply (MT90).
    Anyone any experience of either – and even better whether there's any noticeable difference between the two ?
    Thanks all.

GlenMore
    Free Member

MT90s are my favourite winter footwear. Buy a size larger than normal and stick some thick walking/woolly socks underneath.

billysan
    Free Member

Sorry to dig this thread up from the past.

Thinking of getting a pair of these, but just need to clarify one point.

Do these boots have the normal shimano style of soles with holes right through to the centre?

My experience of their method of sealing this type with a little sticker is poor at best. If these boots were similar I think I’ll look elsewhere.

Cheers

druidh
    Free Member

Same system – but there’s a Gore-Tex inner manufactured into the boot so that no water gets in from underneath.

househusband
    Free Member

Superb boots; wore mine today. I’ve had the MT90’s, for several years, and now the MT91’s.

I’d say that he newer ones are even more of a snug fit; I’m normally a 43 and had to go for 45’s.

Del

have the my 90 and the 91.
    the 91’s nip my little toe and aggravate the sole of my foot on the edge.
    I’m wearing the 90’s.

mlke
    Free Member

Very nice winter boots and yup I too went for a larger size than usual

z1ppy

Brother has MT90, I tried & liked a lot, so I got some MT91, there’s great boot. They just have a couple of different features to improve on them, like a bigger toe guard. Though having purchase some MW80’s this year, I’d recommend them over the MT’s, just purely for the Lycra collar

Edit: though if you do a lot of hike a bike the MT’s have a better sole, so can be a better option

T1000
    Free Member

Not used the 91’s on the bike yet… but were nice and warm on my walk to and from the office in Sweden on wednesday (the outside temp was showing as – 18 …. at our office)

as above go for a size large as they come up small

snowslave

I’ve mt90’s and really like them. I bought them to replace mw80s which had fallen to bits, holes worn through them all over, in some places it’s cos I had to stand on them to get them off. But also stitching wore off, holes in the toes etc. The mt90s have lasted much better. Water can come in through the tops, but i find they stay warm with sealskins and thin liner socks.

Betamax
    Free Member

What are MT91’s like to walk in?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano MT91 reviews ?’ is closed to new replies.