Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sherwood Pines Night Riding
  • joat

Is it me or is there an unwritten rule that says you can ride the wrong way round the red route after dark? To be fair they all stopped and waited for me to pass, but I was amazed how many there were, about a dozen BTW.

Pook

All friendly?

I think it’s fair dos after dark.

Did you see the deer? Any owls? The ghost down in the deciduous wood bit?

They must be lost ….. Surely not intentional?

robidoo
    Free Member

I have seen the “Sherwood Pines club” going in the wrong direction at night, saw them comming a way off so no problem here.
    At night I go in all directions as I have my own loop with the red and the special secret stuff combined 😀

joat

Maybe not all friendly Pook, a quick “evenin'” wouldn’t go amiss, but I did see half a dozen deer whilst driving out plus a couple of Tawneys. Didn’t see any ghosts but some lights look a bit X-Files-ish from a distance. I was just a bit concerned about other riders as I’m not always in full control in the daylight, never mind after dark.

iain1775
    Free Member

It’s slightly better the wrong way round
    It’s pretty bad in either direction though

Pook

you’re not riding it fast enough. Or something.

iain1775
    Free Member

Probably not, I fall asleep half way round 😉

Diane
    Free Member

It’s night riding – anything goes – it’s the law 😀

james
    Free Member

” have seen the “Sherwood Pines club” going in the wrong direction at night”
    I’ve ridden with them (the shop meet wednesday lot?) in the light on an evening. Can’t say now since there seem to have been a fair bit of repair when I last went, but it used to ride better the ‘wrong’* way as the climbs, sorry ‘rises’ were a bit scrabbley (from all the braking the ‘right’ way) and the ‘downs’ remained smooth

*I think I’ve ridden quite a few sections that were singletrack before the waymarked route went in on top of it, restricting direction?

“you’re not riding it fast enough. Or something”
    +1
    Rode it last (having not ridden there for a while) in early december, was still fairly dry, still had the summer dry tyres on the XC HT. Keep up the pedalling**, commit in the corners (a bit) and lay off the brakes and for the mostpart*** it really suprised me how well it rode (right way round)

**I realise a good dose of pedalling doesn’t seem to fit with many peoples idea of a good trail. It doesn’t with mine mostly
    ***Yes, there are still quite a few fairly dull sections I admit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines Night Riding’ is closed to new replies.