Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Shaving my pussy
  • Houns

It’s really warm out there today and my 2 long haired ginger pussycats are too warm and don’t want to go out.

They have started to moult, but even with brushing twice a day I think their summer coat is going to be too warm (didn’t have this problem last year as they were only kittens)

So, do any of you have your cats Coiffured?

(awaits pix of cats with daft hair cuts)

wrecker
    Free Member

🙁

Shorty121
    Free Member

I expected much more from this post…..

Houns

Don’t know what you mean

druidh
    Free Member

You expected more…

…from Houns?

I reckon it’s a deliberate troll.

Kevevs
    Free Member

he said pussy. hurr hurr.

s4rpf
    Free Member

there is a long haired Persian cat at the cattery we go to which is shaved apart from his tail feet and face. looks funny but he seems happy

wallop

No! If they are too hot they will lie in the shade, just like they would in the jungle/desert (delete as appropriate).

Either that or tell them to MTFU.

PS – 3/10, you failed to put “shaving my ginger pussy”

emsz
    Free Member

I give this thread another 5 mins before it’s pulled 😆

druidh
    Free Member

A blunt blade will do that

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I shave my bitch with these…

Houns

We all know the other cat you’re referring to is better waxed than shaved

Taff
    Free Member

you have to shave it as a feline poodle… it’s the law

PJM1974
    Free Member

An ex and I had a cat called Jasmine…lovely little thing she was, personable, cute and friendly (the antithesis of the ex who was none of those).

Anyway, poor Jazzy had rather fluffy fur and thus suffered from fairly extreme kitty winnits. One of us had to stroke Jazzy while the other nipped round the back and trimmed “Brian Blessed’s pout”, otherwise the furniture would get covered in skid marks.

Poor Jazz was also unfeasibly flatulent too…so when we split the ex got to keep her and I had custody of the other cat, who was just as lovely but a whole lot less skiddy and farty.

saleem
    Free Member

Just leave the pussy to go in the bush and sleep in the shade, next doors cat spends more time in ours than at theirs, it’s lay in our hedge at the moment.

jon1973
    Free Member

Milkie
    Free Member

Well with dogs… You should only shave/cut the hair as a last resort. It does grow back thicker, once you start shaving you can’t really go back.

The fur/hair keeps them warm and cool, like a thermos flask. 😉

I would think cats are the same. Grooming can also help, taking out all the old dead fur.

Martin.B
    Free Member

Just to clarify…

Big cats can do a lot of damage, but a little pussy now and again doesnt hurt 😆

Dobbo

LsD
    Free Member

The issue, Herr Houns, is not that they are too warm. It is the sun’s glare that they wish to avoid. I suggest you obtain two sets of Cat-Sized Oakleys pronto.

nicko74

Question here – how, precisely, do you expect to persuade the cats that shaving is good for them? Do you have chainmail gauntlets?

flip
    Free Member

This pussy looks totally unimpressed by his new do.

lord
    Free Member

we have a persian , hes a right lazy buggar and we brush him once a week or else he gets very matted

boxelder

Blow them?

takisawa2

Best Post Title so far this year. 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKiXYveusc0[/video]

chickadee
    Free Member

£8 spent on getting the vet/vet nurse to shave our wee beastie once a month is money well spent. Far easier than doing it yourself (oddly enough, the cat doesn’t really enjoy it and fights like a small, very angry lion) or putting them under a cold tap (another less helpful suggestion from the vet).

scaredypants

I’ve just been googling for those fun cat pics Houns referred to

“Shaved pussy” seems to be some sort of code

Midnighthour
    Free Member

We have 4 cats, 3 long hairs, 1 short hair.
    The longhairs all spend as much time in the south facing conservatory/lean to greenhouse as possible getting sun and heat.

Most sunny days its between 80 and 120 degrees in there even with the vents open – I cant cope with that heat. They love it and lounge about looking like roadkill. Vets say that cats can cope up to about 126 degrees before they have to take on extra water to deal with the start of panting.

The shorthaired cat hates sun and heat and either stays in the house or lies around under bushes in the shade during the day. He does his active life after dark.

I conclude from this warm weather behavior and also how they cope in winter, that long haired cats can deal with big extremes of temperature much better than shorthairs.

I suspect the additional fur acts as insulation against both cold and heat – that it takes a lot of heat for it to pass through the fur to the actual cat.

As long as they have plenty of water available at all times and a choice of indoors/long grass/bushes to lie under if too warm, they will cope with any heat better than you do and that unless your vet advises otherwise, they may get more problems if their fur is shaved.

nealglover
    Free Member

there is a long haired Persian cat at the cattery we go to which is shaved apart from his tail feet and face. looks funny but he seems happy

Dogs have owners.

Cats have Staff.

Sadly for some cats, their staff are **** idiots 🙄

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Shaving my pussy’ is closed to new replies.