Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Semi-pro freeriders and downhill riders – please get in touch
  • proriders
    Free Member

Hi,
    Who out there is or knows any semi-pro riders for downhill or freeride based in the UK?

greeble
    Free Member

Where’s Elbry when you need him……..

Duane…
    Free Member

Do I qualify? Not sure on the definition of semi-pro though..

xiphon
    Free Member

LOL @ greeble

(Been a while since a Mr Freeride UK thread popped up…)

tracknicko
    Free Member

one time my mate paid fuel for a race we were off too, and i think Col W gave me some gloves.

that’s about as pro as it get in UK racing isnt it?

juan
    Free Member

Probably GW

alex222
    Free Member

nols
    Free Member

I claim Troll.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you pay me I’ll be pro for you

Coyote
    Free Member

Ah, poor, dear sad deluded Elbry. What ever happened to him?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ah, poor, dear sad deluded Elbry. What ever happened to him?

He made the mid-week-mini-movies not so long ago riding some flat singletrack.

I’m pro too, my rear hub says so, or maybe that was pro two?

*sings*
    I got Pro’s, I got Pro’s, in different area codes, area codes. hmmmm .hhhhhhhhmmmmmm himmmmm………………………

davidjey
    Free Member

He made the mid-week-mini-movies not so long ago riding some flat singletrack

Got a link? I miss Elbry 🙂

nols
    Free Member

Apparently he’s a coach now. There’s a promo video doing the rounds where he skids around loads of corners. Too funny.

xiphon
    Free Member
    flange
    Free Member

Elderberry is a coach? Seriously?

oxym0r0n

Team McCoy?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I feel for the OP.

Chances of him getting a serious response zero.

Chances of the thread descending into an Elbry bashing contest 100%

njee20
    Free Member

Team McCoy?

YEAH! Aaaaaaah, forgotten about him. Happy times. Poor bloke.

geoffj

Been a while since a Mr Freeride UK thread popped up..

*bites lip

flange
    Free Member

MIAS instructor. ” Elbry’s (trail head) personal riding skills + experience are outstanding, He gave an excellent coaching session in which he also demonstrated the ability to navigate, chose suitable routes + group manage”.

MIAS “Already delivering 1-2-1 coaching, this qualification will add to Elbry’s portfolio”. 3/6/2011

Posted by Riderruncompany. Which is Elderberry…

I’m like a moth to a flame when his name is mentioned, I think I may have a slight man crush on the midget…

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Looks like a child playing that guitar.

jota180
    Free Member

Team McCoy?

Racing driver these days 😆

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/richie-mccoy/3a/718/101

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does he have a mechanic, or someone to drive him to races yet?

xiphon
    Free Member

Oh my, Team McCoy – not heard that name in years! Grinning just thinking about the tale…

Coyote
    Free Member

Team McCoy?

Do tell…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mr McCoy was one of those people who own’s a camera and is therefore a photographer, owns a bike and expects a pro contract, and didn’t actualy have a car or driving licience but had on his CV that he was a raceing driver.

He came on here asking for someone to drive him to races and be his mechanic.

In return he was graciously offering to tell people that you were a great mechanic so that you could then make a carreer out of it like he was going to make a career out of XC races.

To say he was mocked might be an understatement.

njee20
    Free Member

He was a little ‘special’, and it got a bit malicious sadly, but yes, TINAS has the gist.

He turned up to an XC race, having talked about needing a team manager etc, in an orange boiler suit and full face lid, and took so long that they packed up and went home before he finished.

He had a list of ‘sponsors’ like Monster, Specialized etc, who were just brands he liked!

flange
    Free Member

He had a list of ‘sponsors’ like Monster, Specialized etc, who were just brands he liked!

Hmmm, that sounds familiar……

Anyone know who the southern/west southern/south westerly/slightly south of west elite/Expert Champion of 88-98 is? I’ll give you a clue – he’s a midget….

slowrider
    Free Member

Outstanding! I’ve heard mention of this guy, too funny!

Coyote
    Free Member

He turned up to an XC race, having talked about needing a team manager etc, in an orange boiler suit and full face lid, and took so long that they packed up and went home before he finished.

Joking apart, did this guy have *real* issues? If yes then 🙁

If no however, 😯 😮 😆

elliott-20
    Free Member

OMG that blog entry just made me laugh out very loudly at work.

I am also looking at building the team up into a proper team. I am mulling over the possiblity of including another rider in the team.

Just as long as they drink 7 UP and preferred Sony Walkmans and Nokias eh? – Brilliantly funny.

xiphon
    Free Member

The whole blog is very funny. Can’t help but think he’s a troll…

julianwilson
    Free Member

Xiphon, I suspect he is not a troll. From the linkedin page:

Richie McCoy’s Summary

My goal is to become the first officially recognized race driver with Asperger’s Syndrome.
    Through my racing and with the “Breed” brand I am looking to promote awareness of Asperger’s Syndrome to the masses.

In my professional experience of aspergers, I have come across many people who seem to go about life by imagining what they want to happen, (eg bike racing or motor racing team) and then sort of making as much as they can around them fit this story, even if they overlook some key fundamentals (eg a driving or racing licence) and it all looks rather far fetched to those around them.

legend
    Free Member

Duane… – Member
    Do I qualify? Not sure on the definition of semi-pro though..

Pfft – you can’t even do a simple drop at Inn-Gnar-leithen

😉

Duane…
    Free Member

*Getting old* Which drop?!

robsoctane
    Free Member

julianwilson – Member
    Xiphon, I suspect he is not a troll. From the linkedin page:

Richie McCoy’s Summary
    My goal is to become the first officially recognized race driver with Asperger’s Syndrome.
    Through my racing and with the “Breed” brand I am looking to promote awareness of Asperger’s Syndrome to the masses.

In my professional experience of aspergers, I have come across many people who seem to go about life by imagining what they want to happen, (eg bike racing or motor racing team) and then sort of making as much as they can around them fit this story, even if they overlook some key fundamentals (eg a driving or racing licence) and it all looks rather far fetched to those around them.

I hope that originally no one on here took the piss knowing about this, seems like Aspergers it was.

That aside, can’t wait for people to come to this thread, wanting to see some talent (on bikes) 😉

*edit* Duane qualifies in my mind

GW
    Free Member

*Getting old* Which drop?!

You can’t use that excuse on here, even I remember which drop he’s on about.
    slightly hipped into chute to middle fireroad on the “steep track that isn’t even steep”

Duane…
    Free Member

I suppose you do set the benchmark for ability to use that excuse 😛

Ah yeah remember it now, bad times..

faz083
    Free Member

this thread is full of win. I need some links to STW threads from all of the above trollfenders.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Semi-pro freeriders and downhill riders – please get in touch’ is closed to new replies.