Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Self build
  • russ295
    Free Member

Following on from the “house built from scratch” thread, I’ll pop a photo or two on here now and then.
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/131379802@N06/16733005209/

Bear with me as I’ve never done the photo stuff before.

welshfarmer

Nice dog 🙂

russ295
    Free Member

Yeah it’s my pal’s who drives the digger. Sits at his feet while he drives it.
    That’s when it’s not searching for balls!
    Any techy’s point me in the right direction to make the photos show on here?

chewkw
    Free Member

What sort of house are you building?

Some plans of the house or pics?

What sort of budget?

🙂

russ295
    Free Member

Four bed with integral garage. Going to be quite modern. Rendered finish and grey aluminium window etc.
    I don’t have a set budget but hoping to be around £130k plus land purchase (£85k)

chewkw
    Free Member

russ295 – Member
    Four bed with integral garage. Going to be quite modern. Rendered finish and grey aluminium window etc.

That sounds good.

I don’t have a set budget but hoping to be around £130k plus land purchase (£85k)

That’s a good price considering all the overpriced shite they are building nowadays.

russ295
    Free Member

Hopefully it should be around that figure. I’ll be doing the majority of the work myself to keep costs down and have lots if other contacts to do the rest.

bearnecessities

Right click over your image.

Click “copy image URL”

Go to your post on here, and click the “IMG” box.

Delete the “http” thing that automatically populates in there, so the box is blank.

Right click and select ‘paste’.

Job done. Email me if you’re having problems.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Best of luck with the build, keep them photos coming.

chewkw
    Free Member

Oh ya … rather nice plot of land you got there.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Will any of the spaces have reverence?

northernmatt

Nice, was going to mention in other thread but if you need any plumbing/heating stuff I may be able to help. Long way off yet though!

russ295
    Free Member

Can the photos be linked using iphone/ipad?
    Not sure what you mean about the spaces?

I plan to fit wet underfloor heating fed via a system boiler with a hot water store so I’ll be need quite a bit of plumbing gear!
    I’ll post a copy of the plan when I get a chance.

russ295
    Free Member

Sussed!

russ295
    Free Member

Day 2.
    Most of the top soil has been removed and a couple of the awkward footings have been dug.
    Shifted 10 wagons (about 100ton) and there’s 3 coming first thing today. It’s unreal how much stuff comes out.

Had a little help tho.
    This week should see the land cleared, footings dug, service trench dug and the drive levelled and a few wagons of stone laid to create a drop zone for deliveries and to keep the mud to a minimum.
    Going to gravel the drive later on using a geo grid base.

russ295
    Free Member

Sat image of the plot. The rear part from the centre line of the trees belongs to the council but they don’t have any access. There’s no fence so my garden will get a little bigger!

ART

Yup the dog is the star here, let’s be clear about that … 😉

russ295
    Free Member

Day 3. Most of the long footings dug. The dog was just making sure it’s straight.
    6 more wagons of muck taken!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean about the spaces?

Kevin Mccloud always bangs on about “the space has ….” in a pretentious way, I was mocking him with out him even knowing it, but not mocking you. Cool project, hope to do the same one day.

northernmatt

Get those trees down now and by the time you’re finished you’ll have plenty of fuel left for the inevitable wood burner that you’ll be putting in

russ295
    Free Member

I can’t! There is a blanket TPO on the whole area.
    Once the house is up there be a few coming out every now and then. Mostly on windy days!
    And yes there’s a log burner going in.

footflaps

We taught our cat to drive the mini-digger:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/daabne]George the digger cat[/url] by brf, on Flickr

speckledbob
    Free Member

How big is the plot Russ?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Footings seem a little shallow? Are you backfilling each day btw? Got some crappy weather due tonight. Nice dog.

russ295
    Free Member

Not sure tbh?
    If you look at the sat view. The house directly next door is a 4 bed detached. So you can judge of that but it’s a good size.

russ295
    Free Member

That footing is 1050 from dpc. 300 x 600 strip foundations.

speckledbob
    Free Member

That’s a good size. Looking forward to following your progress. Best of luck.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So 750 to damp from top of found? Block/beam? Why have you reduce dug the muck so much if you’re having to cart away?

russ295
    Free Member

750 less 70 screed, 100 insulation, 150 beam and a 150 min void. But has to be stripped of soil and veg.
    Clay was a little lower than I’d of hoped for:-(

thegreatape
    Free Member

What’s the building on the other side?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nothing worse than muck away on jobs, did none of your neighbours want any raised beds? 😆
    Keep digging…

brickwizard
    Free Member

how many square meter is your new build going to be??

russ295
    Free Member

Other side is a residential care home.

I had the local allotment guys back and forward taking barrows, they were like the seven dwarfs!

Not sure of the total metre-age but downstairs floor area without the garage is 87sq mtrs.

russ295
    Free Member

Plan and elevations.
    There a few changes to the plan. Garage at the front (the wife’s not happy as it was the lounge, but needs must)
    There’s no dormers or velux windows and the rear extension is flat roofed with a orangey type roof.

scotia
    Free Member

any updates?

nickdavies

There a few changes to the plan. Garage at the front (the wife’s not happy as it was the lounge, but needs must)

What.. you’ve already got a sitting room! I’d make it a kitchen/diner and extend the garage all the way back, gives you room for a car in the front and a proper bike workshop at the back.

Plus, if she really doesn’t like it it’s the ideal time for a new patio… 😆

russ295
    Free Member

Not much tbh. Poured the concrete for the footings sat morning. 21 cubed metres.
    Pump come in handy, done in 3 hours.
    Couple of weeks before the bricky starts.

russ295
    Free Member

Got a price for the sewer connection £6800 plus vat. Not happy.
    Photo of my dog to make me happy.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Would that be a 24/4? Great bits of kit. What did you do for the other 90 mins while you were pouring 😉
    Sewer connection is a bastard, nothing on site or nearby you can connect onto then?

russ295
    Free Member

30 meter pump. Biggest one they did.
    There is a possibility of tying into next door but she’s not to keen. Her son is a builder so I’m going to ask him if he wants to do it if she will go for it.
    Other than that it’s bite the bullet and pay!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Self build’ is closed to new replies.