Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Seatpost recommendation for SS steel hardtail
  • drotos
    Free Member

I’m looking for seatpost for my Inbred 853 SS bike. I’d like to use my SLR or Flite saddle and I need a lightweight, but strong seatpost.

What about Race Face Next SL carbon? And KCNC SC Pro? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

got the STW standard thomson on mine with a flite saddle, nice and light. masterpiece will be even lighter.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

maybe carbon or titanium for a little more comfort?

drotos
    Free Member

Titanium seatpost give me more confort than alu? Or just carbon ones?

takisawa2

Whilst the USE Sumo carbon post certainly flexed more, I wouldnt say it was any more “comfy” than a Thomson. I just felt it was just about to snap all the time. 😕

drotos
    Free Member

So… I should choose a lightweight and stiff seatpost and play with tyre pressure to get higher comfort. 😀

alpin
    Free Member

the same you’d use for a geared cro-mo hardtail, or does its being 853 and SS hold any revelance?

Militant_biker

I love my Easton EC90 Zero. I bought it (when I had more spare cash) and I was rebuilding an alloy framed SS. Now it’s on the steel ss. I love the clamp for adjustment, it’s very similar to the Thompson setup.

Is it more comfortable than the previous aluminium one? Not sure, I changed too many parts at the same time to do a proper comparison (wheels, tyres, saddle).

Hairychested
    Free Member

EC90, so much nicer than Thomson. In my opinion, obviously.

stumpy01

Just bought a KCNC SC Pro & it’s pretty nice. Light & seems well finshed although I seem to make seatposts look tatty after a couple of months so time will tell.

So far, it’s the easiest seatpost to set up that I have used before – the fore/aft and angle set-up is independent & works really well.

drotos
    Free Member

And what about Ritchey WCS, Pro PLT?

Do You know the effective top tube length of the Inbred in 18″? (Maybe I won’t need layback…)

Militant_biker

seem to make seatposts look tatty after a couple of months

Do you choose black anodised posts and put your saddle up and down frequently? I used to find that made mine look tatty pretty quickly…

drotos
    Free Member

I had a Ritchey WCS and the letters worn off after the first race…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

there was someone on here that swore his titanium post gave a decent amount of flex and springiness.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I had a USE ti post – snapped it clean riding a Kona A as a commuter. Never trusted their products since.

stumpy01

Militant biker – yeah black ano seat posts & I take it out to put the bike in the car. They do tend to look worn quite quickly.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Seatpost recommendation for SS steel hardtail’ is closed to new replies.