Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sean Yates off Sky Team
  • Digger90
    Free Member

It was only a matter of time really… sad, very sad.

But… it’s for the good of the sport, and the ‘direction of travel’ that Sky is taking is the right one.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/yates-and-de-jongh-out-of-team-sky

Klunk
    Free Member

are there any experienced team management types not involved to some extent in past drug usage ?

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Digger90
    It was only a matter of time really… sad, very sad.

But… it’s for the good of the sport, and the ‘direction of travel’ that Sky is taking is the right one.

..But…

Klunk – Member
    are there any experienced team management types not involved to some extent in past drug usage ?

Agree.. with both..

Interesting that Yates is making no admission and says it’s for ‘personal reasons’ 🙁 I’d rather he’d at least ‘come clean’ like Julich has. No doubt everyone else will take that as admission that was using whilst he was a Lance teammate.

If he did, I’m sure he stopped many years ago, whatever his past he’s one of the “good” guys. (He says. Hopefully. Let’s hope there’s not ‘Lance’ style “Sean Yates was behind it all” revelations waiting to come out).

Sky’s stance was right. Is is still right in the light of the ‘Lance Revelations’ or even more right??

Like Vaughters has said, ‘direction of travel’ should be forward, not looking backwards. Should it not matter what someone does and thinks now, not what they did in the past?

Yates is clearly not involved in anything now, if he was he’s clearly left it behind and moved on. For the right reasons.

I can understand Brailsford / Sky’s reasons but was this the time to say “forget the past. We’re interested in now and the future?”

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

[Eidt: Double post]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sean Yates off Sky Team’ is closed to new replies.