Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Scott voltage or YT Noton as DIA bikes …
  • tmb467
    Free Member

That’s do it all!

Don’t mind pedalling a 32lb bike uphill but geometry wise, are they ok ?

I’m tempted but before I splash any cash I thought I’d ask some perfect strangers for their opinion

Over to you now!!!

tmb467
    Free Member

Or not…as it seems! 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

No idea on the Voltage but the Noton is hardwork uphill but great pointed down. Saying that if you’re not in a rush to pedal back up then the Noton will do it. The geometry isn’t the problem it’s the weight but if you’re not worried about that then the Noton is a very good value bike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dango
    Free Member

there is one for sale here: http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1454774/

torihada
    Free Member

Pedaling the voltage uphill is hard with a capital H. I run it with a reverb when it’s not being uplifted which makes it acceptable.

tmb467
    Free Member

Torihada – is that due to weight or geometry? I’d had a 35lb Enduro that was ok uphill but after a few hours was a bit much. I’d be running it at 150 rear and 160 up front over here. It looks pretty adaptable and a reverb would be essential

Dango – that’s the one I was speaking about

lucien

There is no way I could ride my Voltage up any kind of hill – I’m 6ft, run a large and it’s quite easy for my knees to hit the bars

tmb467
    Free Member

I’m a shortarse 5’8″ and was quite surprised to see the top tube on a long being only half an inch longer than a medium Enduro

More concerned about weight really – rockshox vivid coil and 36 vans aren’t light

torihada
    Free Member

This summer in Chatel it was ok pedaling on the flat: on an incline it was do-able, even in pressure suit, FF & Leatt, but it’s a real grind. I run 180mm single crown up front & 180 rear. It’s slack & heavy, even with a ti-spring. To pedal it you’ll really need a long seat tube: the Swiss lift guys bust my reverb and I had to use the post that came with the bike, pedaling was grim. It’s all worth it for the DH stuff, then it comes alive.

tmb467
    Free Member

Cheers for that

Good to get some feedback. Thanks to all who replied

cabeaumont
    Free Member

If you are looking at YT bikes would you not be better considering a Wicked as your do it all bike? I’ve got the 650b version and, imo, it’s more than capable for pretty much anything in the UK.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Scott voltage or YT Noton as DIA bikes …’ is closed to new replies.