Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scandal 29er – anyone got one, opinions?
  • cupra
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a geared one to complement the GF Rig SS. have had on-ones in the past and really liked the ride is the scandal similar?
    Thanks.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Yeh i have one & its the best bike i have had in 24 years riding mtbs

tazzymtb

foul and hateful things

scud
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the older scandium ones, geared with reba forks, absolutely love it, very rarely ride the full did these days, it just seems to cover quickly and comfortably, great all day ride bikes and can be built up pretty light bearing mind the price

tk46hal
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have one given!
    Bloody awful things!
    Here are my bikes! 😀

The best bikes by far I’ve had!
    I can’t wait for for my wheels to turn up for the single speed project!

tazzymtb

Repent I tell Ye, they are the spawn of the great horned beastie I’ve had 2 of the blighters and they’ve cost me a fortune as I’m now a 29eraholic 😯

cupra
    Free Member

Nice to see so many of you sitting on the fence! Just need to offload one bike then I’ll hit the buy button.
    Thanks all.

Elspaniel
    Free Member

Love it. Perfect for longer off-road and will be racing it this weekend.

(Did you borrow it off me for two minutes at the gate on MTL on Saturday?)

curlysaysgo
    Free Member

I am 6ft and have a 34 inch inside leg would the 18inch or the 19.5 be most appropirate Im leaning towards the 18 as lighter 😉 and its easier to make a bike bigger than smaller theory ?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Yeh i have one & its the best bike i have had

+1

I am 6ft and have a 34 inch inside leg would the 18inch or the 19.5 be most appropirate Im leaning towards the 18 as lighter and its easier to make a bike bigger than smaller theory ?

I’m a little bigger than you and ride an 18″ however it does mean I ride with a silly amount of seat post and 3 headset spacers – still absolutely love it, I’d like to try a 19.5 out but I can’t imagine it being as perfect.

rustler
    Free Member

Not the Scandal, but I have an Inbred 29er. Love it because its so different to my FS. I think they compliment each other because there are things that one does far better than the other & vice versa. It makes me appreciate each accordingly. Guessing a Sacandal will come in lighter, but my Inbred (with On-One carbon rigids) is 24lb.

stotti
    Free Member

Great bikes. i’m 6ft with 32inch inside leg and ride an 18, would never consider going for the next size up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scandal 29er – anyone got one, opinions?’ is closed to new replies.