Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Says -6 and it's very dry
  • oldgit
    Free Member

In my very long experience I find it’s the ‘dry’ bit that’s the killer.

Three top layers today and my ‘special’ gloves, you know the ones that DO keep you warm but render operating any controls impossible,

Overshoes in wifes car 👿 and winter boots have the wrong cleats on, double 👿

Might even take a camera phone with me today as I’ll be going so slow.

Say hello if you see what appears to be a lycra clad Sumo wrestler out today.

Pook

where?

oldgit
    Free Member

Leighton Buzzard near Woburn. We’re having a little spell here. Even the Football was postponed at the MK Dons.

Hmmm
    Two layers and a rainjacket
    or
    Three layers

Easier off road innit

oldgit
    Free Member

Double post! what the deuce?

vinnyeh

Think you’re nearish me – Herts?

I was out last night on the cx bike, went about 6ish, and it was cold, but about 8 the temp seemed to drop quite a bit, a dry night like that really hacks about with my lungs I find. Could have done with a bit more than summer gloves. Thick crust of ice on the churned up bridleways, but my weight was still breaking through to the ooze underneath, not pleasant. You’ll be on the road though, not the same problem.

Three punctures as well, first ones for about 6 months, ended up walking the last couple of miles home.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

3.4 degrees in SSet

flap_jack
    Free Member

-7 on my greenhouse thermometer, and I’m in MK itself, not in the countryside. Brrr

oldgit
    Free Member

Clothing was bob on. Wore headwear under my lid for the first time ever in my life.

aP
    Free Member

Nice steady 50 miles this morning.
    Not quite as cold as I thought it’d be, only got down to -2C, then the sun came up.

seosamh77
    Free Member

where are you getting -7 temps? Just had a look at the bbc weather and everwhere is hovering around 0? Are youse talking about higher altitudes? even the mwis forecasts are saying 0 to -2 with very little change when rising in height? :confused:

shifter
    Free Member

In my very long experience I find it’s the ‘dry’ bit that’s the killer.

Always thought it was the damp bit that was “the killer”. When Americans come over here they moan about the damp cold even when the temperature is a few degrees warmer.

Drac

About -7 here through the night but it’s tropical now at 2.

No energy to ride though damn night shifts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Says -6 and it's very dry’ is closed to new replies.