Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • santacruz sizing – what's best for me?
  • wavejumper
    Free Member

OK.I’m 5’6″ maybe 5’7 on a good day and am looking at getting a santacruz. Not entirely sure what model yet. Maybe a blur xc or nomad. Anyway, at some point I will make it over to a dealer to try but just interested what size would probably fit me best?? Small or Medium?

palmer77
    Free Member

I am 5’5 1/2″, maybe 5’6″ on a good day. I have a Chameleon in small. Sometimes I think a medium would be better. I am also have a lay back seat post and am running a 50mm stem.

SBrock
    Free Member

If ts any help on my 3rd SC bike, they seem to come up small

druidh
    Free Member

I’m 5’7″ and ride a Medium Blur XC. No way I would want a small.

22042010210.jpg by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

wavejumper
    Free Member

Heading towards a medium then. Is this sizing similar across all santa cruz models?? (nice bike by the way! Deffo need to try and have a closer look at one)

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I own one SC, have just ordered a second and have ridden loads, they all seen to come up small.

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

I’m a smidge under 6′ and ride a medium (18″) hardtail but a large sc heckler. I think sc sizing is on the smaller side so most folk need to up a size from their normal.

Hadge
    Free Member

I’d definitely say go for a medium.

druidh
    Free Member

wavejumper – where are you?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’m 6″ and have been riding a Heckler in large for 6 years, previous to that I had a medium Bullit. I would recommend testing a medium first at 5″ 5.

wavejumper
    Free Member

I’m in Bristol (mostly). I might try and demo one somewhere.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

small/medium
    The Blurs all measure up slightly different (XC/TR/LT) so best bet is to at least sling your leg over them, can’t be that hard to find a dealer and organise some test rides (SC UK site has a list of all their std demo bikes and locations) most LBS will be able to organise a test bike from SC if your going to buy from them. If not hit a demo weekend (listed on site too)

Going to head to Melbourne so the missus can try a TRC soon as need to get the sizing right at the price!! She’s about your height but varies so much with reach, inside leg and personal pref!!

Just go try it and buy from where you try if they are helpful!

blurltrider
    Free Member

I’m 5’6 and have a small blur ltc, with a 50mm stem….but I think I’ve got short arms!

Paceman
    Free Member

Medium i’d say, they come up small.

Blur XC is a very different bike from a Nomad 😯

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

5’8″ here and ride a medium Blur LT2 and would definitely not want anything smaller. SC’s do tend to have a pretty small top tube. Look at the geometry page on the bike you want – it gives size recommendations. For the BLT it states medium is for riders between 5’5″ and 5’10”

Edit – agree with the above comment. Why are you thinking of a Blur XC and a Nomad. Work out what riding you are doing first, then decide on the bike

stewartc
    Free Member

I’m 5’9 with a 30″ inside leg and find my medium Blur TRc with 70mm stem to be a good fit.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘santacruz sizing – what's best for me?’ is closed to new replies.