Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Safely Mounting Phone for SatNav Use
  • CountZero

That’s geniuses! I really must get one of those.

benp1

That would annoy me as I often hold the top of the steering wheel, or do a one handed spin of the steering wheel when the heel of my palm just there

I used to have a magnet in the middle of my steering wheel with a piece of metal under the cover of my phone, was a great way of mounting my phone (in the era of the Nokia 8210, great phone)

allthegear
    Free Member

And there are people out there that would think that was acceptable :-/

Rachel

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ll bite, what’s wrong with it?

(Assuming you drive a car with the speedometer visible, or if the GPS has one)

stumpyjon

Might work on a bike, not so good in a vehicle.

CountZero

I’ll bite, what’s wrong with it?

That’s a trick question, right?
    To turn it around, what’s right with it?
    First of a number of issues; connecting cable…

CountZero

About half the price of the Nite-Ize Steely that holds my Otterbox cased iPhone 6+, just about the best phone mount I’ve come across for satnav use.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nochoice®-Colorful-Magnetic-Phones-Magnet-Red/dp/B010AQQFBQ?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B010AQQFBQ&linkCode=xm2&psc=1&tag=duckduckgo-ipad-uk-21

aracer
    Free Member

Do you not find the magnet stuck to the back of the phone a bit of a pain when it’s in your pocket, CZ (apart from the thickness you presumably need to keep it away from CCs)? For that reason I got one of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scosche-Magnetic-Flush-Mount-Smartphone/dp/B00HZYM2XM/

Just a thin piece of metal inside the case which you can’t tell is there, and doesn’t even interfere with contactless payment. I have somewhere convenient on the dash for the flush mount in just the right place, but they do also do ball mount ones.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That’s a trick question, right?
    To turn it around, what’s right with it?
    First of a number of issues; connecting cable

Whats right?
    Not blocking the windscreen (common sense being less than common this is probably quite a big benefit to those that put it slap bang in the middle)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Safely Mounting Phone for SatNav Use’ is closed to new replies.