• This topic has 1,256 replies, 205 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,257 total)
  • Rushup edge resurfacing
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Anyone been up there today I hear it’s being resurfaced.

AlexSimon

!!! Which bit?
    The top boggy bit?

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

No the bed rock bit that did not need doing

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Sick of hearing about this now 🙁 it’s happpening everywhere!

There are a few alternate lines higher up on the bank though which I’m sure won’t be sanitised so not all is lost

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

No drop offs on those though

crazy-legs

I’ll be heading out that way on Sunday, will report back with pics.

Pook

It’s been mentioned on the keeper of the peak twitter feed. Some one has ridden it

isitafox
    Free Member

Got to love the power of the bloody rambler haven’t you 😡

mintimperial

🙁 I love that bit of trail. Hope this isn’t true.

oldnick

What? The bit that was interesting for riding a bike and walking on?

I was tired last time and didn’t clean all the step ups, sounds like I won’t get the chance

hora
    Free Member

Yep. Was there yesterday. Nice bit of mundaneism council vapid thinkers.

All in progress to be nicely levelled.

Whats the argument? It aint a 4×4 spot.

isitafox
    Free Member

I can’t quite grasp how they complain about bikers/motorbikers/4x4s tearing up the trails and destroying them yet resurfacing the lot so they look nothing like an actual trail is ok??

Onzadog
    Free Member

Open season on footpaths then?

mintimperial

Open season on footpaths then?

That or we all show up with a load of shovels and barrows one Saturday morning and put it back how it should be.

AlexSimon

So they ban 4x4s and sanitize it?! Makes no sense.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t like to sound paranoid but is there some old fart at dcc intent on boring all mountain bikers out of the Peak District entirely?

chambord
    Free Member

Ugh. What possible reason was there for this? That piece of trail was one of my favourites in the peak.

Can’t one of us get a high ranking job at dcc stop this from the inside?

ploppynobkin
    Free Member

Glad I got to ride there a couple of weeks ago.

I have been known to walk and run on trails myself sometimes, usually when I forgot my bike 🙂 The thing is, I don’t want to walk or run on sanitised trails either. I just don’t get who they think ‘benefits’ from this ridiculous waste of money.

Mintimperial – let me know when and I’ll be there with my shovel. 🙂

chambord
    Free Member

Any idea what they’ve surfaced it with? Surely the amount of water that comes down the slabs when it rains is going to wash it away pretty sharpish?

mattrgee
    Free Member

Not my picture I might add, posted on my local riding groups Facebook page:

Pretty certain it was taken where the bridleway joins the road before heading up the Roych.

peachos
    Free Member

You’re **** kidding me!

mintimperial

Christ. Unbelievable. 🙁

Mintimperial – let me know when and I’ll be there with my shovel.

I’m definitely not the best person to organise something like that but I’d be well up for getting stuck in and shovelling some of that crap off to make a point if, say, Ride Sheffield or someone happened to name a date. Negotiation and engagement clearly hasn’t worked. It would be sort of like the MTB version of the Kinder trespass. Hands off our trails.

dannyh
    Free Member

Bloody hell. Another one bites the dust. Let’s just Tarmac the **** lot and have done with it.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Couple of good winter storms will hammer that. Not really value for money!

mattrgee
    Free Member

I’m not the best person to organise something like that but I’d be well up for getting stuck in and shovelling some of that crap off to make a point if, say, Ride Sheffield or someone happened to name a date. Negotiation and engagement clearly hasn’t worked. It would be sort of like the MTB version of the Kinder tresspass. Hands off our trails.

Dam right!

dannyh
    Free Member

I don’t like to sound paranoid but is there some old fart at dcc intent on boring all mountain bikers out of the Peak District entirely?

That’s exactly what is going on.

dawson

Couple of good winter storms will hammer that

+1

half that will be washed away by the new year (probably resulting in washed out erosion ‘ravines’ that will twist a wheel/ankle)

dannyh
    Free Member

Couple of good winter storms will hammer that
    +1

half that will be washed away by the new year (probably resulting in washed out erosion ‘ravines’ that will twist a wheel/ankle)

It hasn’t happened to Chapel Gate, though, has it? Drainage bars have seen to that.

Guerrilla raid with picks and shovels might be the only way………

gregwaring
    Free Member

Nice work DCC… another section of a true national classic mountain bike route temporarily ruined by inconsiderate regrading. Agree that it will weather out, and maybe quite quickly, but what a waste of public funds. That’s another doctor/teacher/policeman that we can’t afford for a few years. (If anyone had the brains to reassign budgets in a half sensible fashion)

Pook

Do we know who’s done it?

notinabox
    Free Member

OMG so sad, really. loved that trail. glad to have had it on a regular ish route and cleared it up before this **** up 🙁 WHY!?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think we might well need our own version of the kinder trespass. I’m up for that.

Pook

Me too

mintimperial

Got to be DCC, surely. No one else would bother covering half a mile of rocky byway that was hurting no-one with tonnes of aggregate. At least it’s not **** roadplanings this time…

dannyh
    Free Member

Given that this is the only thing Google can find about it, it seems no consultation or notification has been given. Unfortunately I am coming to the view that all this ‘user group’ and ‘consultation’ stuff is one-way only. We are given crumbs from the table when they want stuff rubber-stamping and no ‘scene’ being caused, but it’s up yours when they just want to railroad something through.

Footpaths and off-piste ahoy.

oldnick

Blimey. That is spectacularly shoite.
    I take it the old trail is under there somewhere?

notinabox
    Free Member

ruined my weekend that 🙁

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Kinda looks like it was done on the sly, I notice peak mtb knew about wlt and cut bridge works, but only tweeted this a couple of hours ago

kelvin

WTF!?!

mole4130
    Free Member

It’s all b0llocks. The more this goes on the more tempting it is to ride wherever the hell I want. Bring on the trespass.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Rushup edge resurfacing’ is closed to new replies.