Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Rumble in the Jungle :) Cairns is a go… (obligatory spoilers)
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looking forward to this one, ride in the morning beers and red bull TV in the afternoon.
    Good to see Tracey up there in timed training and nicking 3rd in Quali
    Res for the women http://www.tissottiming.com/File/Download?id=00030D0101020102FFFFFFFFFFFFFF03
    Men still going but
    http://www.tissottiming.com/File/Download?id=00030D0101020102FFFFFFFFFFFFFF03
    but looking like Brosnan is taking the initiative with Sick Mick getting 2nd, some very strange placings for the Syndicate boys, wonder if it was anything to do with the 3pm showers?
    http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/nth-cst-and-tableland/cairns/detailed-forecast

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

Brosnan and Hannah using some local knowledge to their advantage it would seem!

Role reversal this time with Bruni heading out before Gwin; can’t wait to see what Bruni does.

If the weather is looking iffy then it could be anyone’s. Good to see Stevie Smith up there again, and Danny Hart. If the rain doeth cometh, Danny could be a good bet. He seems to be on it this year, so far anyway.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Where is steve peat!?

jam-bo

Sheffield?

poonprice
    Free Member

No showers, it’s been hot and steamy all day. I’ve been a sweaty mess hiking through the jungle and up to the rock garden. However the best spot has to be the triple near the end it’s insanely quick.

Looking forward to tomorrow and hoping Ratboy gets up there.

P-Jay
    Free Member

hexhamstu – Member

Where is steve peat!?

I thought the same, according to the Lads on Pinkbike he’s only doing selected WCs this year as he’s not after the over-all, Cairns is obviously a massive haul to get to and it was too close to that race he organises.

He’s racing Ft. Bill of course!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So this is all on RBTV this weekend? Awesome! (if so) looks an ace course. Would love to ride over Cairns way but the tropical / humidity would kill me even though it’s autumn over here. Still 28c today here in WA!

Kahurangi

What time so us poor saps in the UK have to be up to watch the Finals live? It’s 5:30 am on Saturday or something?

poonprice
    Free Member

Aphex_2k, I’m with you, I’m used to 30° plus hot rides but the humidity is a killer. It might as well have rained today as I was wet through.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Brosnan and Hannah using some local knowledge to their advantage it would seem!

Troy is from South Australia, like calling Greece local for the UK. They don’t race a national up there either.

sharkattack

Only 17 hours and 22 minutes left to wait!

According to this link- Redbull TV

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

Brosnan did some off season runs in Cairns, apparently.

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/article/2016/01/20/troy-brosnan-sessions-cairns-world-cup-downhill-course

I didn’t realise this thread was a pre-cursor for a GCSE Geography exam. Still, should be a good race regardless of its longitude/latitude coordinates.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not at all, I was going to head up myself but it’s about 6hrs of flying….
    It’s a shame it’s not in the race calendar up here

jimdubleyou

I didn’t realise this thread was a pre-cursor for a GCSE Geography exam.

Oxbow lake.

egb81
    Free Member

some very strange placings for the Syndicate boys

Ratboy was running top 6 in the first three sections then had a bit of a moment in the last by the looks of it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Him and Greg did nearly exactly the same as if they slowed up and didn’t pedal the finish

dirtydog
    Free Member
    oldtalent
    Free Member

The raw vids are just awesome, love just hearing just the bikes, no crap music or slow motion.
    Been on the booze tonight, waking up in 5 hours to watch this will be tough..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1hr 20 to go

rOcKeTdOg

Atherton unstoppable!

shifter
    Free Member

That final flat bit’s cruel 😕

rOcKeTdOg

Button should swap permanently from F1!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just paused it with the last 2 riders to go. Been watching it with my 4 year old lad “why haven’t they got stabilisers, Dad?”

Great stuff!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Excellent result!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Great to see Loic winning the men’s and some variety in the podium . Women’s series looks a little predictable already , Rachel is miles ahead.

kimbers

Finally bruni getting in there,I’m leaving him my fantasy team all season, its gonna be his year

Stevet1
    Free Member

<regrets transferring out Mick Hannah for Steve Smith > 😡

Great race, lots of people in contention, I thought Hart looked fast but Loic and Brosnan took it to another level. The triple looked huuuuge.

chakaping
    Free Member

<regrets transferring out Mick Hannah for Steve Smith >

Noooo! It’s Mick’s local track, what were you thinking?

Good to see Bruni so happy to get a WC win, but I think I wanted Brosnan to take it – he doesn’t get the credit he’s due IMO.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We were all cheering for button, shame Connor couldn’t make the pedalling work and great to see the men’s getting a shake up. Gwinn looked to be auditioning for the miserable champion part 2. Specialized would love a Loic vs Troy battle for the season

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Flipping awesome race! Again. Is it me or were most of them going ludicrous speeds? Just stunning.

It must be a tough track to make Minnaar look so out of shape and I remember thinking the same about Gwin in the mud last year.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Specialized with a big sigh of relief over the Gwin move to YT.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Rumble in the Jungle :) Cairns is a go… (obligatory spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.