Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RP23 XV "squishing".. time for a service?
  • Alex

Noticed this morning a squishing sound as the shock is compressed.Doesn’t appear to have lost any damping and rebound hasn’t changed. Not losing any air as far as I can see, but assume it needs a fettle?

druidh
    Free Member

Cold

oxnop
    Free Member
    rubberneck
    Free Member

had that problem,,,, ignored it and after 18mnths it turn into a very annoying ‘parp’ during heavy compression even though it worked fine, didnt get it serviced, sold it on ebay (i DID explained the ‘parp’ noise in the desciption) and got a new one from ebay USA for less than the cost of a service.

get rid in my opinion, good excuse for an upgrade,, plenty of buyers out there 😀

PS my new one/bike has sat unsed in the garage for the past 2 weeks and was faultless today (-7 to -1 oop here recently)

Alex

Ta. A mate had one with the sticking down issue in the cold weather. this one has been back to Mojo once when the platform damping expired. Looks like it’s going back again then.

heihei

Mine is less than 2 months old and does it in the cold so think normal. Having said that, an RP23 spent a week sitting outside a holiday home in the Lakes over New Year a few years back at sub-freezing and def needed a service after that!

Alex

Spoke to MOJO this morning. Their view was if it isn’t losing damping then it’s not worth sending back. On the flip side, when a mate of mines’ rp23 starting making that noise, next ride it stuck down.

Might just get the loco fella to give it a service. Don’t want to be without my fav bike over xmas.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RP23 XV "squishing".. time for a service?’ is closed to new replies.