Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Routes in the Yorkshire dales
  • joebickley
    Free Member

Hi All,

Got a few days in Skipton at the southern tip of the Dales and im planning on take the bike. I have seen some of the stuff around Gisburn Forest which looks like its nearly open, but is there anything else worth looking at?

I found this site http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/mtb-home/mtb-findaroute.htm anyone tried any of the routes, most seem pretty tame?

Any pointers would be great.

Joe

PS – for reference Cannock’s Red route is what i’d class as normal for me. I like tight forest techncial bits and sweeping berms, nothing to vertical! 🙂

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Barden Moor is a grand day out, you can tag Hebden Gill onto and fit in a visit to the New Inn at Appletreewick.

Nidderdale route is also good but I remember the climb up to Middlesmoor being quite tough

taka
    Free Member

go for a quick loop of flasby fell one evening? skipton-flasby fell-flasby-gargrave-skipton takes like 2-3hours depending on how fast you ride? 😛

taka
    Free Member
    djglover
    Free Member

Ride from kettlewell up cam head, down to star bottom, road to buckden, over Firth Fell into Litton – Great Pub there. Then down to Arncliffe and over the moor baclk to Kettlewell

Beats the **** out of Gisburn!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Routes in the Yorkshire dales’ is closed to new replies.