Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • rosebikes – setting off all the fraud alarms ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

any one else had this ?

first order through rosebikes for fixing up a mates bike

so far my bank declined it and called me up to verify i made the payment then paypal followed it up with a call to ensure it was me and i placed the order.

boxfish
    Free Member

I had this with another German bike retailer. Quite happy that my bank is so vigilant really. A quick phone call and everything was sorted. I’d rather that than they miss a fraudulent transaction!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

no problems for me

RustyMac

not had problems i the past – must bank with a slap dash bank 😉 Will find out soon if i have problems next time as i am going to be buying some spokes in the next few days once i have measured the ERD of my rims.

fairhurst
    Free Member

nothing out of the extraordinary here one might add.

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh yeah ive no problems with the alarms going off – just wondered if it was normal or if id managed to somehow find an elaborate scam rosebikes website to order off ….

lucien

No problems for me, in fact quite the opposite – in stock, cheap(er) than UK, branded good, good delivery and packing. Not sure what else to add….oh, in Germany they are mahoooooosive (aka CRC)

postierich
    Free Member

Friend ordered a Canyon last week as was declined untill he verified on the phone,

Just had a call about my bank card some dude in Manchester has been on a spending spree £275 on my bank details in the Nike store but was declined @ the till.

Card now out of action, think I got cloned in Penrith on saturday night.

Dickyboy

I had similar problems with my first order with bike-discount.de good to see the banks do look out for these things

MarkN
    Free Member

Just a word of warning. Are you sure it is your bank/paypal that is calling? I am sure you know but never disclose any pins or card check codes over the phone.

Not had an issue yet with orders on Rose bikes myself.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My buying is so disperse that I think my bank have given up checking!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘rosebikes – setting off all the fraud alarms ?’ is closed to new replies.