Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rockshox Pike 3wt oil and bladder bleed tip adaptor?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I reckon I need to check my Pikes bladder for air. Looks like I need some 3 wt oil (Rockshox?) and an adaptor for a syringe, neither of which was supplied with the fork. I’ll also need a 30mm socket, which seems massive!

Where can I get the adaptor, or is there a ghetto option?

The tech manual makes this appear fairly complex, but the youtube video is more encouraging!

Any one else done this already and found there was air to remove. My forks have had about 2 months fairly full on riding, and now top out more noticeably and audibly. Obviously I would have preferred not to have to do this so soon….

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

No one?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Wow, £20 for the adaptor, pretty steep even for mtb equipment. Hopefully Epic Bleed Solutions or someone similar will produce something more sensible.

Thanks for the links, I was sort of more interested in the bleed experience and bodging that adaptor.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Thanks for posting this up. I’m going to look into the bleed process etc. And the possibility of stocking these adaptors.

nealy
    Free Member

It is a stupid price for a little brass adapter, I’d definitely be interested in buying a reasonably priced alternative from Epicbleed :tup:

Pulling the whole charger damper apart looks a bit of a task but replacing and bleeding the fluid seems pretty straight forward looking at the youtube vid.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

nealy – that’s what I thought (about how complex or otherwise the job might be). The bleed video shows the damping rod already out of the uppers, not sure whether this is just a case of removing the low speed adjuster (2mm allen – careful not to round off, mine needed some WD40 to loosen things up), removing the main adjuster (6mm socket – no need to worry about losing ball bearings any more!) then realising you dont own a 30mm socket to remove the unit….

After a quick trip to your local hardware store, or careful use of a big ol’ adjustable wrench, are you then ready to pick up where the youtube video begins?

Of course, without the £20 adaptor, this is all academic in my case, so I’ll have to try my LBS.

nealy
    Free Member

Haven’t really looked into it yet but that does sound about right, taking a motion control damper out of a reba is a piece of p and it’s the same process really. Definitely use a socket rather than an adjustable spanner or you’ll damaged the bolt, it’s best to get the socket ground flat to take the chamfer off but if you press down hard it should be ok

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Old thread revival, but.. Do you guys know if it is necessary to remove the charger damper assembly before commencing the bleed process?

We’ve almost got a Charger Damper bleed kit ready to go, once the adaptors land, and we’re currently working on the how-to.

Take a sneak peak at the bleed kit here:

Bleed Kit for RockShox Charger Damper 1 & 2

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Bump. Anyone?

LoCo
    Free Member

Sure there is a link on youtube or sram tech site, we have bleed out of fork only as strip stuff fully when working on it, you won’t see any issues if in the fork.

kiddaclo
    Free Member
    epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ve seen the video. Just wondering if it is absolutely necessary to remove the damper from the fork before bleeding. I’m beginning to think it is.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Pike 3wt oil and bladder bleed tip adaptor?’ is closed to new replies.