Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rockshox motion control damper (Strip and rebuild)
  • younggeoff

Got a set of Revelation U-Turns and the motion control damper needs servicing. Are there any instructions detailing the strip and rebuild of the red motion control thingy as the half moon thing on the bottom that covers the flow port appears to have moved and I want to know how to put things back to where they were.

Cheers

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Just did it at the weekend for my reba’s from this video:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_O2xWU9RE[/video]

was incredibly easy and will be servicing all forks myself from now on

BadlyWiredDog

Rockshox web site, all the technical manuals in PDF form plus YouTube has a bunch of SRAM how to videos as well.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

TBH that vid don’t show what i think Younggeoff is actually on about, which is fettling the Motion Control unit. I need to have a look at mine too, as the half moon thingy at the bottom of it doesn’t seem to sit quite where it looks like it should; has rotated round by a few degrees. The ‘lockout’ doesn’t quite work as well as on my other Reba, as it seems it could let a very small amount of oil through still. I’m sure it’s just a very simple fix though.

bigjim

All i know is its a reverse thread to take the moco unit apart – grab the red bit in one hand and the top cap in the other and undo the ‘wrong’ way. I don’t think there is much to it after that, just remember how to put it all together again.

younggeoff

@bigjim, thanks might give that a go tonight while the forks are off the bike, it’s nice being able to take the moco unit out of the forks without having to empty all the oil.

@elfin, sounds like you’ve got exactly the same problem as me, mine had jammed and the forks didn’t compress into a rutt, I got spat off and I’m now recovering from a dislocated shoulder, probably a bit of user error also contributed to the accident 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ok; on mine, the ‘half moon’ bit at the bottom doesn’t line up quite with the oil flow port on the bottom of the MC unit. Seems to be a couple of mm too far out, too, so when the lockout is turned on, there’s still a little bit of travel before it kicks in, and even then it’s not quite as locked out on my other Reba.

I’ll have a look at it now actually, bin bugging me slightly.

The Reba is a wonderfully easy fork to fettle though. Unlike my Lefty….

younggeoff

the half moon is meant to line up with the two dots in one position(fully open I think) and then completely cover the port when it’s locked out. Mines working back to front and I had to open the floodgate completely. It’ll be coming apart tonight when I get home

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Had a quick fettle; lock-out working better now. Almost actually locks out!

Seems there’s some scope for adjustment actually; the half-moon bit could be put back in different positions, maybe for use with different oil-weights or something?

younggeoff

Hi pulled mine apart last night, well just the bottom really as somehow the half moon thing was 180 degrees out so I just popped the bottom offspan the half moon round 180 degress and clipped it back together. The damper in my rev’s is the red one not the blackbox one shown above. When I get a moment I might try and unscrew the top off and completely strip it down

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox motion control damper (Strip and rebuild)’ is closed to new replies.