Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RockShox fork. Only getting 50% travel…any ideas?
  • PolisherMan

Recon 335 coil U turn 130mm. Got them on my hardtail. Went out this morning (What a wonderful sunny day, eh?!) and they travel half way and bang! solid. “We ‘aint giving no more”. I changed the seals and oil a few months back, been fine. I didn’t go meddling with the damping cartridge, Just the correct weight and quantity of oil.
    The lock out doesn’t lock out either. Do you think it’s to do with oil quantity or the damping unit?
    Any ideas before I start meddling, or shall I send them off?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

best guess would be oil from the damping unit has travelled into the bottom of the fork hence no lockout as the damping oil level is low and lack of travel as it hydraulic locks as it runs out of room in the bottom of the leg due to too much oil

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi sounds like the seal in the rebound seal head has gone.
    This is the part that seals the bottom of the upper legs from the lower legs, which the rebound rod passes through.
    The seal on the rod tends to wear are allow oil from the damper chamber through into the lower legs, when they compress they lockout due to the lack of air space in the lowers.

The fix is either a full damper service kit that provides all seals, bolts and circlips or a couple of seals in a kit that I can also provide and is a cheaper option and the rod seal is higher grade material too.

EDIT: Damn you Tandem, *shakes fist* 😉

PolisherMan

Cheers Fellas. Think I’ll be in touch Mr LoCo.

Duane…
    Free Member

LoCo, how much do you charge for the seal only kit (posted)?

Ta, Duane.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RockShox fork. Only getting 50% travel…any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.