Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rock Shox Reverb 2012 – Confused about options
  • ukmgranger
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m looking into getting a Rock Shox Reverb (2012 model), but I am unsure about which option to go for.

The post comes in three lengths – 355mm, 380mm and 420mm – and all come with two adjustable amounts 125mm & 100mm.

I currently have a Thompson post on my Orange Five (small), which at the highest ride height is up at 230mm (collar to very top of post).

I assume that I could get away with the shortest of the posts, but I would hate to get it wrong.

Any thoughts / knowledge would be appreciated 😀

Dan1502
    Free Member

I would have to go for the 380mm or less as I have a curved seat tube. There is a Reverb thread on MBR with all the dimensions on which should help.

hora
    Free Member
    Ewan
    Free Member

Giant post is only 4 inches. Same price as the reverb I got from Rose bikes – who wouldn’t want an extra inch…. Is if it’s free?

hora
    Free Member

Linky to the rosebike one?!!

Doh1Nut

Bike components de

179 euro plus postage – but looks like 2011 model from link

hora
    Free Member

193 euros including post and admin charge.

Thing is if it goes wrong you have to post it back (and the Reverb does go wrong).

Ontop of this its not THAT much better than the KS IMO.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Thing is if it goes wrong you have to post it back (and the Reverb does go wrong).

No you don’t – SRAM warranty is W/W. You just need a Fisher’s outlet to send it back for you to be dealt with.

The Reverb’s arn’t perfect, but they are a market improvement on the KS posts in my experience.

Plus with Fisher’s, you don’t have to have you shop try & deal with Superstar warranty dept…

hora
    Free Member

Seriously? I’ll nudge Pook if thats true.

Matt24k
    Free Member

| have an Orange 5, 2011 in small and I fitted the 2011 Reverb 380mm with a 125mm drop. I works perfectly but if you fit a seat stem mounted rear mudguard you need to have about 50mm of the lower post showing between the seat clamp and the silver hex ring. The 2012 model has a black hex ring.
    Hibike in Germany seems the cheapest.
    Another tip is to regularly wipe the inner post with the 2.5wt oil that comes in the box and pump it up and down. If you don’t the seal goes dry and the post goes down on its own.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yup – seriously!

When I say SRAM, I mean Rockshox (not sure about the other products).

My Boxxers (from the US) went back to Fisher’s a few times under warranty & were also happy to fix them at the national’s.

The issue can be finding a shop who will send them back for you…

Ewan
    Free Member

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rock-shox-reverb/aid:488327

Gone up – I paid 170 quid a month or so ago.

Pauly

That’s the old model too. New one has a black collar and more bits in the box.

Biketart have them for £250 in stock;

Biketart Reverb

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

What’s the difference between 2011 and 2012 other than the black collar?

Pook

mine’s currently back in Germany.

Gribs

No you don’t – SRAM warranty is W/W. You just need a Fisher’s outlet to send it back for you to be dealt with.

Why should any bike shop want to send it back for you if you’ve not bought it from them? I’ve got the Giant version on order as looking at the general relability of dropper posts I need a warranty that’ll be dealt with by a local shop and I can’t justify spending nearly £300 to get a Reverb.

snakebite
    Free Member

new reverbs are black collar, more gubbins in the box and newer seals. I have an unopened one on my desk at home but do don’t need it as my new ‘late’ Trek should have a stealth one fitted, hopefully also with new seals. To be fair, the two previous reverbs I’ve had have been trouble free even in some pretty sh1tty conditions!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Reverb 2012 – Confused about options’ is closed to new replies.