Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Roadies/Commuters: Identify Your Dangerous Roads and Junctions #cyclesafe
  • GrahamS

As part of The Times #cyclesafe campaign they’ve launched an interactive map that we can use to highlight routes and junctions that are dangerous for cyclists and need improving.

If you’ve got a black spot on your commute or road ride that always makes you go “Oooh… nasty bit this. Careful.” then please take a few moments to flag it.

Who knows: someone might actually do something about it.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/cyclesafety/contact/

GrahamS

*bump for the lunchtime crowd*

Mods: any chance this could be stickyfied for a week or two?

cynic-al
    Free Member

cheers…a few Edinburgh ones will be getting attention for sure 😉

soundninjauk

Done. Bloody Shepherds Bush roundabout mutter grumble moan moan…

mrmo
    Free Member

done some in Cheltenham.

I can live in hope that some good comes of this, but not convinced.

soobalias
    Free Member

i tend to find the roads and junctions mostly ok, where i dont i report it at http://www.fillmyhole.xxx its the cars and vans that i find dangerous.

im also a bit weirded out by the OP having to use #cyclesafe* but then not going to the effort of using the STW system for tags.

*in real life conversations, do you use the phrase “hashtag” a lot?

thomthumb
    Free Member

unfortunately all of the ones i have reported are routes between cities – something the campaign has little coverage of – even though according to their data i am much more likely to be killed out of the city.

there a several rat runs within the local conurbation that could be effectively closed to vehicular traffic; for no great loss and instantly provide a safe cycle route. fat chance of it happening though. 🙁

it seems to me as if people live in suburbs work in the city and are expected to arrive their by magic each morning; not enough parking in the city, useless buses, no trains and unsafe cycle routes. 🙄

GrahamS

bit weirded out by the OP having to use #cyclesafe

Just seemed a succinct way of saying that the thread was related to The Times campaign.

I guess I could have titled it “Roadies/Commuters: Identify Your Dangerous Roads and Junctions as part of The Times cycle safety campaign” but that seemed a bit long winded. 🙂

Plus this way it shows up in forum searches and google.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Roadies/Commuters: Identify Your Dangerous Roads and Junctions #cyclesafe’ is closed to new replies.