Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Road Tights question
  • jiff
    Free Member

Darkside question I appreciate ………

However,

Any recommendations please for a pair of roady bib tights that are effective at being windproof and warm. It’s that time of year again and I don’t intend to suffer as I did last autumn into winter. (it will also provide me with one less excuse to get my butt out on the bike on the really cold days !)

Thanks all.

iainc

DHB Vaeon Roubaix – I got a pair of the current ones a few weeks ago and they are great

cp
    simondbarnes

Really like my Castelli Fluido Nanoflex bib tights. Lovely and warm, windproof, water resistant. Not at all cheap but worth every penny.

jiff
    Free Member

Excellent – thanks all.

Personal recommendations always better than the general descriptions.

jonk

Aqua zero tights have been great for me. Got them from ridebosh as per cp. They are not waterproof but don’t absorb water. Load of wet lakes road rides in them. The padding is great too.

pullfaces
    Free Member

Lusso bib tights.
    Great quality and excellent value. I’m on my second pair. First pair worn week in week out over several winters on and off road.
    They do various thickness and proofing.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I love the Giordana ones, fairly high end tights at a mid range price I would say.

roady_tony
    Free Member

endura stealth lite

cynic-al
    Free Member

Endura Thermastat bib longs if they still make them.

edsbike
    Free Member

Endura Equipe tights. Lovely fit, great pad and nice and cosy, always feels like a treat pulling them on! 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Assos for me. Expensive, but warm, last well and fit better than anything else I’ve tried.

bigG
    Free Member

Endura thermolite for me,

darrimc30
    Free Member

Assos for me too, bought them off ebay virtually brand new and used them for commuting to work for 4 years, best bit of roadie gear i ever bought, you get what you pay for basically.Stop all winds and very warm.

warton
    Free Member

I’ve got the DhB winter tights, and they are very snug. Wore them last winter in serious sub zero (garmin registered -8)and they were great..

druidh
    Free Member

Endura Equipe. They have “stealth” waterproof panels on arse and lower leg to help waterprooness.
    Or any thing in Gore Windstopper.

tracknicko
    Free Member

i have santini windstopper ones. they are very very effective at wind stopping.

nedrapier

slight hijack – but it might interest some of those reading

Has anyone found any knee warmers which are comfy and stay in place?

I’ve not got a huge commute, so I just wear casual shorts. The knees are getting a bit chilly recently, as they would I don’t want to wear trousers, so I’ve been looking at 3/4 tights.

Still don’t need padding, though, so I’m wondering now about the knee warmers.

Any experiences?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Road Tights question’ is closed to new replies.