Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • road rage!
  • bigad40
    Free Member

So I have just kicked some poor guys door in for cutting me up!
    Realised what a giant idiot I am.
    Sat down for 10mins to calm down.
    Told him to let me calm down… several times.

Apologised
    Admitted my fault.
    Offered to pay for the damage.

Currently organising body shop.

Let you know how it works out.

I am pretty remorseful now and my mood is bitter.

Wished I’d just let him cut me up let it be done. Too late now.

Nick

Surely he hit you and you just bounced of his car?

Or did you go all a bit Basil Fawlty

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78b67l_yxUc[/video]

amedias
    Free Member

Realised what a giant idiot I am.
    Sat down for 10mins to calm down.
    Told him to let me calm down… several times.

Apologised
    Admitted my fault.
    Offered to pay for the damage.

Well look at the positives, you probably wont ever do that again.

pinetree
    Free Member

Kicked his door in, like this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZeYVIWz99I[/video]

kaesae
    Free Member

Kicked his door in for being an ass = good
    Hung about and paid for the damage = D’oh!

Hahahaha! that’s not exactly a happy ending!

DezB
    Free Member

I am pretty remorseful now and my mood is bitter.

Why? If he cut you up? Don’t get it. Were you in a car?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Kicked his door in for being an ass = good

do you wear big boots ?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

was it his back door?

I had the rage this morning so know how you are feeling.

bigad40
    Free Member

You guys crack me up!
    Was more Basil Faulty meets the Spartans.
    He cuts me up. I called him names so it went…
    I was driving not cycling.
    Ended up doing similar stuff while on bicycle to motorists.
    Hence road bike consigned to turbo trainer.

Wish someone would hurry and invent a teleported.

DezB
    Free Member

I was driving not cycling.

Ah, now I understand.
    Should be in the chat forum, hmm?

patriotpro
    Free Member

bigad40 – Member

He cut you up – end of – you should have tore his head clean off Mortal Kombat-style.

pinetree
    Free Member

Careful DezB, you don’t want to pick a fight with this guy. I’ve heard he’s got a mean kick!

DezB
    Free Member

At least he’d apologise afterwards 😉

wwaswas

was it his back door?

🙂

Nick

Should be in the chat forum, hmm?

Kick a man while he’s down why dontcha

pingu66
    Free Member

Anger management!

Geez you were driving, I can understand if you were on your bike.

Unless it was his back door! Then you need to decide which team you want to bat for!

nickjb
    Free Member

Geez you were driving, I can understand if you were on your bike.

+1

On your bike you could easily end up in hospital so a bit of anger is understandable. As it was the car then you’ve acted like a twit. Sounds like you realise that, hope you can deal with it better next time.

D0NK

boot someone’s door in for cutting you up on your bike – well done
    boot someone’s door in for cutting you up in your car – naughty boy

STW is bizarre

dazh

boot someone’s door in for cutting you up on your bike – well done
    boot someone’s door in for cutting you up in your car – naughty boy

STW is bizarre

Someone cuts you up when you’re on a bike – You could end up in hospital or dead.
    Someone cuts you up when you’re driving – Probably some minor damage to the car.

sbob
    Free Member

Someone cuts you up when you’re on a bike – You could end up in hospital or dead.
    Someone cuts you up when you’re driving – Probably some minor damage to the car.

The chances of being killed are bloody slim, so we are left with some personal injury vs damage to car.

Well my car is **** expensive, yet I heal for free, so where do you stand now with your questionable morals, eh?
    EH?

yunki
    Free Member

Well my car is **** expensive, yet I heal for free, so where do you stand now with your questionable morals, eh?

you base your morality on cost..? 😯

well.. perhaps the world really is going to hell in a handcart..

Stoner
    Free Member

its as good a metric as anything else yunki.

How do you rank your conflicting morals? A dogs life over a pheasants?
    A drowning boy over an old man’s spot in the life raft? 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t have any morals.. 😳

When they were handing out morals the deaf fella was on duty and I got more eels.. 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

so does that make you amoral or imoral?

I always get that wrong…

trail_rat
    Free Member

EH?

knobber

convert

There is cutting up and there is cutting up. I’ve been ‘cut up’ plenty of times on the bike where the most that was at risk was I might burst into a particularly deep frown or maybe a little “hmphhhh” of expiration.

There’s also deliberate selfish cutting up where the safety of others is not taken into consideration (door kicking approved) and cutting up through a genuine error of judgement. Not in the same camp in my opinion. I’d love to share the road with only perfect drivers but then again I’d like to only have bacon butties made from flying pigs.

Glad the op has come here to recognise his error rather than add to the keyboard warrior pond life gene pool.

ThePinkster

bigad40 – Member
    Wish someone would hurry and invent a teleported.

Teleporter Rage?
    Now that could get messy 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

I think you’re missing sbob’s irony there t_r 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

theres no ironing to put away stoner.

sbob
    Free Member

knobber

If you genuinely took my post seriously, the post where I inferred that human life is of less value than my car, then you need help my friend.
    Or at least a little guidance.

D0NK

or maybe sbob he’s just spent so long riding our roads and has come to the conclusion that human life really is of less value than a car to some people.

dazh

There’s also deliberate selfish cutting up where the safety of others is not taken into consideration (door kicking approved) and cutting up through a genuine error of judgement.

You’re assuming that the two have different outcomes. Despite all our experiences of idiot drivers, the first case is admittedly quite rare, and usually it’s easily to spot the idiots and take appropriate action to avoid them. However in the second case, it’s much more common and also much more difficult to anticipate and take evasive action, so in some respects the ‘genuine error of judgement’ cases are more serious.

To be honest the drivers who annoy me most are not the aggressive idiots, but the clueless zombies who simply don’t look where they are going. Not sure it deserves a door kicking but at least if they were somehow made aware of their incompetence they might do something about it.

sbob
    Free Member

or maybe sbob he’s just spent so long riding our roads and has come to the conclusion that human life really is of less value than a car to some people

I must be doing something wrong as in my 30+ years of riding, I’ve only ever had one car load of knobbers deliberately trying to cause me grief, and have yet to encounter a driver making a mistake that I could not make allowances for.

Having said that, I do not wear a helmet cam and never use the phrase “primary position”… 😈

dazh

[/quote]I’ve only ever had one car load of knobbers deliberately trying to cause me grief, and have yet to encounter a driver making a mistake that I could not make allowances for.

Where is this utopia that you ride? Or are you saying that the safety of cyclists is solely down to their ability to avoid errant car drivers?

wwaswas

Teleporter Rage?
    Now that could get messy

[James T Kirk voice]

Beat me up Scotty!

[/James T Kirk voice]

D0NK

I must be doing something wrong

there does appear to be a lot of variation, some people happily ride along and never have trouble, some have loads could be riding style, could be temperament could be youtubers going looking for trouble* Of course it could be that you ride around with blinkers on, have no idea what’s going on around you and consider not getting knocked off your bike a safe journey. In which case I sincerely hope your luck holds out. I get loads of near misses, (about 1 a week in a typical full week of road commuting) that I manage to avoid, I don’t count those as safe journeys tho

*a phrase so frequently used lately it’s going to join the echelon of “All cylists RLJ” “you don’t pay road tax” and have “you have no insurance” Yawn!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OP – I once stamped on the top of the n/s wing of a passat that was trying to have me off, on purpose. I was higher up on a DT125 at the time, but I damaged the car and I’ve never once regretted it.
    Work out how close a car has to be to you so you can stamp on top of the wing….. He was underneath my handlebar and I actually had to move away slightly so I could bring my foot up.

DezB
    Free Member

*a phrase so frequently used lately it’s going to join the echelon…
    Already has for me!

Anyway, why has this thread gone all about riding? HE WAS IN HIS CAR!!

D0NK

HE WAS IN HIS CAR!!

burn the heretic!

😉

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    you base your morality on cost..?

Well, you’ve gotta have a system.

“Lamb shanks…Shabba Ranks!”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘road rage!’ is closed to new replies.