Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • RLJing only a "minor offence" say the Daily Mail…
  • bails

As long as you’re in a car when you do it, anyway.

It’s strange, but I almost remember them pushing the “clampdown on scofflaw cyclists” a few weeks ago, but that would be completely hypocritical so I must be wrong. The daily heil hate mail would never be inconsistent or pick on the vulnerable.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Vile hateful waste of paper publishing it’s opinion as news shocker

garage-dweller

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Drive according to the law or risk prosecution. Don’t urinate and complain when you get caught and “taxed”.

A better headline and lead paragraph would have been…

“Britain is full of shit drivers.

There are so many instances of bad driving in the UK that despite cuts in policing a penalty is issued to a driver every 2.5seconds. Research suggests that not only are these people failing to give a toss about the safety of others but their observation skills are so crap that they can’t see the cars covered in multi coloured reflective stickers and big, bright yellow boxes that are responsible for catching them. ”

theotherjonv

pinched for my FB. Thanks garage-dweller, made me spit coffee.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Surely the red light means “Go on, one more car. Maybe two”?

martinhutch

Fantastic front page for Dacre – populist tripe on one side, and a dig at a sworn enemy on the other.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

garage-dweller wins the internet!

drlex
    Free Member

Ooh – Hugh Grant as Jeremy Thorpe! Too attractive, but that should be a fun film – Working title: “Scott of the Ar$e antics”?

PJM1974
    Free Member

“Why did the fashion world worship this sleazy predator for so long?”

Erm, sidebar of shame and headlines along the lines of “XXX’s fifteen year old daughter looks really grown up now”.

antigee

the arguments are as poor as the maths assumptions

12million penalty notices and 40million motorists simply does not mean that “close to a third of motorists are being hit with fines”

not a single repeat offender then? I’d put money on a lot of penalty notices going to a smallish percentage of motorists

aP
    Free Member

Erm, sidebar of shame

I believe that the Daily Mail (newspaper) and the MailOnLine have tried numerous times to claim that they are in fact two completely different organisations separated by a common owner.

jam-bo

calling geetee1972 for some maths advice…

PJM1974
    Free Member

I believe that the Daily Mail (newspaper) and the MailOnLine have tried numerous times to claim that they are in fact two completely different organisations separated by a common owner.

Two cheeks, same arse.

crazyjenkins01

If any evidence was ever needed that this ‘newspaper’ was a crock of sh1te then…
    “relatively minor offences such as running red lights”
    is most definitely it.

bails

Two cheeks, same arse.

With the same arsehole editor.

dissonance

I believe that the Daily Mail (newspaper) and the MailOnLine have tried numerous times

Think it was fairly recently they tried it in response to something the Guardian reported.
    Private Eye have been picking holes in it for the last few issues in response.

aracer
    Free Member

Just to attempt to escape the echo chamber slightly, there is a serious point amongst all the BS – the reduction in numbers of traffic policemen does mean that drivers are getting away with offences which can’t be caught by a camera.

For those who can bear such a thing, the comments underneath the article (at least the ones when I visited just now) are quite refreshing for a change – several people also expressing surprise that running a red light is a minor offence. Sorry no link, you’ll have to find your own way there (preferably using an ad blocker*…)

<to keep Mark happy>*switch it back off when you navigate back to here if you don’t have a P</happy Mark>

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘RLJing only a "minor offence" say the Daily Mail…’ is closed to new replies.