Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rivington Virginity Broken – did I miss anything?
  • ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Parked up on the driveway to the main hall. Rode past the barn and alongside reservoir to Horwich school. Up round behind and along Roynton Road, past the Japanese gardens and down to Sheep Hill car park. Bit of road to the top of Yarrow reservoir and right onto bridleway up and left past the Lead Mine path and up onto the 'top' bridleway. Got to Moor Road and retraced then down the bridleway alongside back to Rivington reservoir again.

Have I missed best bits? Belmont Road?

GavinB

Lots of fun to be had on a quiet weekday around the gardens, then there's San Marino descent aka Belmont descent, Smithills Moor, Ice Cream run, Eliminator (from top of Rivi Pike) and then if you are slightly further north then the stuff around Healey Nabb and White Coppice/Great Hill are great fun.

Only been here a few months, so very much still finding my way around, but those would be a few things to try.

Looks like you had a great afternoon for it!

Artillerydave
    Free Member

up and down the Pike, Belmont descent and the broken road are my favourite bits, still learning loads of trails up there myself but there is plenty of quality riding to be had.

Jenga
    Free Member

Have I missed best bits?

Yup, most of them.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Couldn't really get any further upwards than Jap Garden due to snow over ice on the trails. I take it some of the better trails are 'on the top' and down the other side to Belmont or back down into the Jap Gdn from the top?

I'll try a run to White Coppice next time but would be good to have an off road return to Rivi over a different route-south of Anglezark Res?

wors

Head up winter hill, there is San marino as mentioned, plus a few others. Should be good this weekend with the freezing temps.

Jenga
    Free Member

Could be there next week. Let me know if you're around.

Junkyard
    Free Member

As they said yes you have done the clear route bit buit missed all the best – cheeky bits

Wilders wood as well deserves a meion as well as a fast descent

My e-mail in profilev if you want a proper tour

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Junkyard-will take you up on the tour when I can pin down a date for my next visit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no probs depends on weekend though as to whether I have my kids but will put you in touch with another local who will be going

lowey

Get off my land!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rivington Virginity Broken – did I miss anything?’ is closed to new replies.