Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rivi conditions this morning = Shite
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

PSA – Rivi this morning was a ride/slog/push/skate/fall.
    The snow is now an unridable slush with frozen patches.

Don't bother unless your a riding god/stupid/nothing else to do/studded tyres.

Vortexracing

I was supposed to be up there this morning, but I can't get off the bloody drive!!!

The bit of thawing yesterday has tuend to solid ice over night, so i'm now on my hands and knees with a bolster chisel trying to sort a path to the pavement, which is just as bad.

Bloody weather

lowey

so i'm now on my hands and knees with a bolster chisel

Lol!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

My mates went out this morning and said it was sh1te also.

I have been out up Rivvy for the last 5 days since yesterday, bloody awesome especially yesterday, down the eliminator in big ring, full speed it was smooth as because of all the compacted snow and loads of grip, climbed back up it to have another do !!

Wont see these conditions again for a very long time IMO. 😛

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

The path from the top of the cobbled climb from the top barn to the dogging carpark yesterday.

tezzer22
    Free Member

hi i rode from abbey village over wheelton moor to the top of great hill this morning and i agree the the conditions were rubbish , very slushy and lots of ice on the well trodden paths with soft mud under the slush

Gary_C

The mtb club i'm in were due to ride up at Rivi this morning,(bit of a Boxing Day tradition).

But I couldn't be @rsed tbh!!

hora
    Free Member

The ice cream ride was a smooth path the whole way down yesterday 😆

hora
    Free Member

Peaks from Edale was totally urideable today 🙁

genesis
    Free Member

Not just us then eh John?

hora
    Free Member

Anyone rode there today- whats it like (Belmont etc)?

lowey

I would imagine that the trails are neigh on unrideable at the moment.

hora
    Free Member

Dammit Lord Lowey, I filled in the permission slip already to ride on your manor! 😀

Serious???

lowey

Yeah Mark, Its freezing tonight over a thick layers of ice/slush/snow. not been out on bike today but would imagine its only going to get worse tomorrow after a hard freeze tonight.

Cant get my car of our estate today.

Gary_C

I live about 12miles NE of Rivi & almost all of the snow has gone.

hora
    Free Member

lowey is right. Its sheet ice. Belmont descent is walked/churned snow that has frozen rock-hard along with sheet ice across the tops of all the drop offs. It took ALOT of concentration..

Everywhere else is sheet ice and almost unrideable- took alot of concentration again. Same with the ice cream run (although alittle better than Belmont).

Good fun but I'd recommend giving it a few days. I had the rear wheel wash out twice and the front (thankfully) only once- managed to stand/twist to stop from falling off.

Going is painfully slow. Too slow.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rivi conditions this morning = Shite’ is closed to new replies.