Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Rigid evangelists? Indulge me…
  • mboy
    Free Member

With pics of your PIMP rigid bikes! Having fitted a rigid fork to my hardtail for Mountain Mayhem (due to the mud), the first time I’ve used one on a mountain bike since 1995, I must say I’m rather enjoying it. Though the 2.4″ Rubber Queen (effectively same dia as a 650b tyre, seems I’ve created a rigid 67.5er!) at low pressures does help, but I’m finding it surprisingly more usable than I thought, even on rough terrain, and have no immediate desire to put the Reba back on the bike… For now anyway.

tazzymtb

very light, very quick, back on boingy forks at the moment as everything else is rigid and it’s nice to have a mix

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Just got a set of rdo 15mm niners. You wouldn’t believe how stiff n light they truly astound me and that,s only holding them 😛

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Not blinged particularly (the niner bars are nice), but I did manage under 20lbs build, it was too scarey tho, was getting pinged off everything.

mboy
    Free Member

Keep em coming, liking the carbon forks… Tempting! 😛

Here’s my more modest affair, covered in Kinver sand/mud after a ride…

tazzymtb

mboy, get a 29er in the front with a big tyre on it! 69ers are ace. I have a spare front 29er wheel kicking about and some big rubber you can borrow to try if you fancy it

Nipper99
    Free Member

here’s mine – every ride with a grin on my face:

phone 035 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

mboy
    Free Member

tazzy, cheers for the offer, I’d like to try it actually. Though I’m worried it might chopper the front out a touch, unless I compensated with a shorter a/c fork. Where am yow, I forget?

tazzymtb

midlands matey

postierich
    Free Member

Still in the process of building up 🙂

P8111478 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Stoner
    Free Member

Hardly ever ride with suspension these days, and not on the Malverns for years.

Haze

Only been fitted a few rides ago, took all of 10 minutes to adapt and I’m liking the rigid fork so far…

cardo

Built this very recently, 1st rigid fork bike, 1st 29er and 1st singlespeed too.. lovin it.

tazzymtb

another one of my stiff frontages

Basil

Every ride a pleasure.
    Now got Conti 2.4 up front (On One special) and a Brooks B17 Titanium.
    Much comfort.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Gone back to rigid on my Curtis (Salsa Cromotos after reading very good reviews). Done a couple of rides on it and its ace. Not got any pics yet unfortunately…

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

It’s a bit of a love hate relationship

mboy
    Free Member

Postie, starting to look very nice mate!

tazzy, yeah I remembered midlands, whereabouts was it though? Gotta go from Worcs to Nottingham on Wednesday, do I pass you or not? Will have to go to Stourbridge/Merry Hell some point next week too… Or you further up than that?

tenfoot

20 years old next year, and still going strong. My first MTB, still getting used regularly.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I haven’t any pictures, but I recently put the X-Lite carbon 15mm Maxle 29er forks on my TransAM. They’re amazing and sort the geometry out perfectly.

Only problem with them is that they’re so light the rest of the bike now feels heavy and One One are doing the Whippet at £250 and it’s 3.5lbs lighter than the TransAM, you can see where this is heading……

tazzymtb

mboy I’m stafford way but all over the place next week so may be able to catch you en route for a coffee and throw a big hoop at you

Mikkel
    Free Member

XC2 by msh_sco, on Flickr

my commuter

brakes
    Free Member

Haze, what fork is that on the Simple?

brakes
    Free Member

it’s ok, worked out they’re eXotics

yunki
    Free Member

ah go on then..

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Just seen those x lites, wowsers, crackin vfm!!!

takisawa2

My Niner. Tried a few rigid forks but steel feels better. (To me).

IMAG0420 by pten2106, on Flickr

IMG00023-20120619-1957 by pten2106, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

Singular Pegasus by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

69er

overpass snack stop by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Oh go on then, if you insist…

Freshly built:

First ride:

Bernaard
    Free Member

Sovereign 69er. Miles with smiles 😀

shifter
    Free Member

*recognises Basil’s knocking shop : )

breadcrumb

My old Trailstar, I haven’t tried the Kona rigid yet but these photos are inspiring so may have a pop soon.

Kato

Wearing it’s road wheels

OCB
    Free Member

I’ve (only) ridden on suspension twice in the last 30 months, and didn’t really get on with it …

[Not that you can tell from this shot, but] My Swift has Salsa Enabler’s (so 135mm OLN at front and rear), and it’s fantastic, so much so, that any other suitable builds/rebuilds upstream of here are also going to have 135mm F & R …

D0NK

ivan, personally I think the chain was a step too far but otherwise phwoar.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

tazzymtb

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Cheers D0NK, now with bar-ends and more red though I’m afraid!

Clink

Nimble 9

Jones

Mrs. Clink’s Scandal

Clink
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Rigid evangelists? Indulge me…’ is closed to new replies.