Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Right, who was it? (Halfwit content)
  • tomhoward

Who rode from Huddersfield to Leeds on their disk eqipped giant road (possibly cross) bike then got the train home at 9 ish last night?

A little background….

I got to into Leeds station yesterday about 830 and instantly notice how many heavily intoxicated folk were stumbling about the station and being quite surprised, given how early on it was. Anyway I get to the platform and the atmosphere is rowdy, but good natured (Leeds Utd had beaten Huddersfield town in the 90th minute earlier in the day, which I assume was the reason for all the drunk folk). Train arrives and a big group of loud drunk lads get on and take over first class. I’m sat in the bit between first class and the loo, when our hero in this tale gets on, leans his nice bike (I comment) up an sits next to me. We’re sat by the loo so have to explain to all the pissheads trying to use it how to shut the door, we have a bit of a joke about it, though he seems to be in despair at the state of the human race, rather than laughing at the drunks (like me). Two of the rowdy lads then come in and while waiting for the loo, start talking about how brilliant Leeds utd are, and are really rather passionate about it.

This seems to irk my neighbour, and starts wittering on about how little of a shit he gives about football. I smile and nod, in vain hope he stops talking. No such luck. He decides he’s going to ‘stir things up a bit’. He shouts over to one of the Leeds fans (who, while being a bit loud and drunk, were minding their own business) ‘OI mate, if Bradford played Leeds, would Bradford beat Leeds?’

😯

So, one of the lads bites and, with a somewhat less jovial tone, ‘what do you mean?’ So after pulling the pin on that little hand grenade, he starts going on about how Bradford beat Chelsea, who are number 1 (his words) so they must be able to beat Leeds, whilst claiming to know nothing about football. All the while the drunk guy is getting more and more wound up and starts puffing his chest out and taking steps toward my neighbour, mercifully we arrive at dewsbury station and it’s the drunk guys stop. I only know this as his gf/wife has to pull him off the train before he started kicking the smug out of my (ex) friend but not far enough to stop him hammering on the window as the train left. Had he been going any further, I’m sure he’d have started swinging.

Captain smug then starts bragging about how the guy won’t be able to sleep tonight because of that little chat. I’m speechless, why when in an enclosed space with drunk football fans, would you start asking stuff like that, with the express intention of pissing them off?

So to recap

Rides a nice road/cross bike (and has nice kit on too, but doesnt have a helmet.)
    Loves telling people how much he doesn’t care about football
    Starts trolling, then immediately backtracks but still keeps dropping little incendiaries to keep the troll alive.
    Apocalyptically smug.

Frankly the only thing missing was the term ‘wendyball’ for it to be a real life STW thread.

So, if it was you, you moron, WTF?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hello 😆

Akchuwally it wasn’t me, I was in Brighton 😛

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Football fans are not a different species, they’re just people too. The guy had a laugh at some drunkards expense.

tomhoward

I know, I’m one myself. I was laughing at the drunks, he just wanted to piss them off, in a I’m far superior than you fashion, and nearly got punched in the process.

Lifer
    Free Member

To diffuse the situation you should have suckerpunched your new friend.

dannyh
    Free Member

Football fans are not a different species, they’re just people too. The guy had a laugh at some drunkards expense.

Yes, but he could have easily sparked a totally unnecessary punch up. One in which innocent bystanders may well have tried to intervene and got filled in for their trouble. You have to ask yourself, would the guy have made the same comments if he was on his own in a narrow street with the pissed up footy fans.

binners

I’ve a suspicion I know who this is. Smug is definitely the word! A right pompous, self-satisfied, arrogant **** who has an openly antagonistic opinion on everything, and loves the sound of his own voice. This Soinds just like him. In the right area too!

If it’s him, and I suspect it is, It’s a Roadie I used to work with. He could start an argument in an empty room. He’s twice started altercations with car drivers that have led to him getting the **** kicked out of him by the side of the road. Once involving him being hospitalised with a broken jaw. By a bloke who then proceeded to run over his bike! I’m pretty sure he’ll have deserved it on both occasions.

He’s an utter ****!

cloudnine
    Free Member

No helmet and opinionated…. TJ?

gobuchul
    Free Member

He’s twice started altercations with car drivers

Sorry that’s not possible. On STW it’s ALWAYS the car driver who is at fault.

Also lovers of wendyball are not far behind them.

Poor chap. He should be entitled to his free speech on a train.

angeldust
    Free Member

Captain smug then starts bragging about how the guy won’t be able to sleep tonight because of that little chat

Sounds like a great bloke. What a bell end.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, but does he post on here 🙂

project
    Free Member

So to recap

Rides a nice road/cross bike (and has nice kit on too, but doesnt have a helmet.)
    Loves telling people how much he doesn’t care about football
    Starts trolling, then immediately backtracks but still keeps dropping little incendiaries to keep the troll alive.
    Apocalyptically smug.

Frankly the only thing missing was the term ‘wendyball’ for it to be a real life STW thread.

So, if it was you, you moron, WTF?

Could be the majority of the weekday crew off here.Only drunks seem to like football.

tomhoward

Binners, I fear you may be correct, he mentioned he worked in digital media, in dewsbury, that fit?

C9, that was my thought, not Scottish though.

martinhutch

he starts going on about how Bradford beat Chelsea, who are number 1 (his words) so they must be able to beat Leeds, whilst claiming to know nothing about football.

Yep, but Leeds won the premier league once, so they must be better. 😀

Took my lad to see Bradford yesterday (his first ever match, as it happens). I can confirm that previous form is no guarantee of continued success. They were almost humbled by the mighty Colchester…

There are an amusingly high number of people who manage to go through life not realising how close they are getting to a kicking. I had to virtually drag a couple of mates out of a bar in Holyhead once because they just weren’t picking up the signals.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Right, who was it? (Halfwit content)’ is closed to new replies.