Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Ridley Scott to direct a new Blade Runner
  • racefaceec90

if ridley scott is directing,have high hope for the film.he knows the impact that blade runner made,has respect for the material e.t.c. but most of all he isn’t paul w.s anderson,uwe boll,m night shalymannharamannmann (or any other so called director who shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a camera 😉 i think the film will be great 🙂

deluded
    Free Member

Ineffable – struggling for words to describe what I feel about this. I’ll try – LEAVE IT A-F’ING-LONE FFS.

Bladerunner is my favorite film. It’s a highly stylized, hypnotic masterwork that deals with the whole range of human emotions – rich in detail, long in message. It doesn’t need a remake, new version or whatever – this news has pi55ed me off a tad.

Have a better one.

Moses

It’s amazing what 2 years of going past Billingham’s ICI works on the top deck of a bus can do to a man’s imagination.

CountZero

What is there to resolve, other than to make more money out of a franchise?

What franchise? There has only ever been one movie, that’s been edited somewhat at various times. There is NO franchise.

deluded – Member
    Ineffable – struggling for words to describe what I feel about this. I’ll try – LEAVE IT A-F’ING-LONE FFS.
    Bladerunner is my favorite film. It’s a highly stylized, hypnotic masterwork that deals with the whole range of human emotions – rich in detail, long in message. It doesn’t need a remake, new version or whatever – this news has pi55ed me off a tad.
    Have a better one.

Bloody hell, have you read any of this post at all? We’ve been over this, there is no indication anywhere that Scott is doing a remake. Scott has made it clear in the past that he does not like doing sequels. So where does that leave us? In the same place as Promethius, a film set in the same ‘universe’, connected to events but dot a direct continuation of those events. There, does that make things clear enough, or do I have to resort to single syllables?

crikey
    Free Member

It’s
    Just
    A
    Film…

deluded
    Free Member

Bloody hell, have you read any of this post at all? We’ve been over this, there is no indication anywhere that Scott is doing a remake. Scott has made it clear in the past that he does not like doing sequels. So where does that leave us? In the same place as Promethius, a film set in the same ‘universe’, connected to events but dot a direct continuation of those events. There, does that make things clear enough, or do I have to resort to single syllables?

Thanks for that.

According to one of the producers Andre Kosove it is undecided whether the movie will be a prequel, sequel or spin-off of the original – what I’m saying is I don’t want them going anywhere near it. I’m not keen on it becoming a franchise.

Solo
    Free Member

Hey. 🙂

Wind your necks in everyone. Its Friday night and we’re declaring (in most cases) our appreciation of this great film.

I really don’t care what they come up with.
    For me, they can’t touch the original.
    The original is done, I have a copy, and I love to watch it, making special effort to take in all the imagery and atmos the film can convey to one who makes the effort to watch it.

The film, imo, can be appreciated on so many different levels.
    Furthermore, the cast, mostly is / was just right for that film.

The new film will be, for me, totaly seperate from the original.

So its simple for me. If it does materialize, I’ll go see it just as another film.
    While offering it the chance to touch me as the original did / does.

The original Bladerunner is, a wonderful entertainmnent.
    If you appreciate that sort of thing.

😀

Blower
    Free Member

Solo – Member

Hey.

Wind your necks in everyone. Its Friday night and we’re declaring (in most cases) our appreciation of this great film.

I really don’t care what they come up with.
    For me, they can’t touch the original.
    The original is done, I have a copy, and I love to watch it, making special effort to take in all the imagery and atmos the film can convey to one who makes the effort to watch it.

The film, imo, can be appreciated on so many different levels.
    Furthermore, the cast, mostly is / was just right for that film.

The new film will be, for me, totaly seperate from the original.

So its simple for me. If it does materialize, I’ll go see it just as another film.
    While offering it the chance to touch me as the original did / does.

The original Bladerunner is, a wonderful entertainmnent.
    If you appreciate that sort of thing.

+1

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

<sacrilege> Hopefully they’ll drop the shite script and do a proper remake of Do androids dream of electric sheep – Face it, blade runner is to androids, what starship troopers was to the book… </sacrilege>

ComradeD
    Free Member

I would recommend the book ‘Future noir: the making of Blade Runner’ if anyone hasn’t read it. Goes through the whole process of the film from the script to filming. Well worth a read for any BR fan

kimbers

Yesterday’s announcement of Ridley Scott returning to the world of “Blade Runner” which he created pretty much floored everyone with its unexpectedness. Now 24 Frames has done a feature piece explaining how Scott was brought back into the fold. In the process, they’ve revealed some new story details and a potential production schedule.

Alcon Entertainment landed the rights to the property earlier this year and were desperately keen on landing Scott for the film. Producers Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson had a sit down meeting with Scott in London earlier this year where “they hashed out how a new film would look, how it could avoid seeming too similar to the many movies that have since paid homage to the original, and how different the new film should be from the original itself. They eventually decided it should stand as separately as possible.”

Scott struck a handshake deal with the pair, Kosove saying “I believe he sees an opportunity to create something that’s wholly original from the first ‘Blade Runner.'” A few months later, after all the legals and contracts have been sorted out, here we are. Scott is now expected to meet with writers which he and the producers will have to agree on, a hiring that could happen as early as in the next few weeks.

It’s expected the earliest that shooting could start is the beginning of 2013 which would mean a 2014 cinematic release at the earliest. Scott, who recently finished editing “Prometheus,” could direct one of several other films in development before jumping back into the “Blade Runner” world.

Asked about the skepticism over the announcement, Kosove says “Everything Ridley does as a filmmaker is fresh… with Ridley coming back there’s a greater level of comfort. And once we have the writer, I think fans will feel even more comfortable. We want people to know that we’re very serious about doing this in an artistic way. This isn’t just commercial fodder.”

Kosove also says don’t expect Harrison Ford or his Rick Deckard character to show up – “If you’re asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford, the answer is no. This is a total reinvention, and in my mind that means doing everything fresh, including casting.”

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Ridley Scott to direct a new Blade Runner’ is closed to new replies.