Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • riding you bike for 3 hours??
  • ton

not a long ride i know.
    but when was the last time you rode your bike for 3 hours, non stop and seated.
    just done it without any stops and i stayed seated for the whole ride.

omg my ar5e is killing………….. 😉

juan
    Free Member

Sorry yesterday I only rode it for 7 hours.

ton

juan, constantly, no stops ❓

elaineanne
    Free Member

why would you stay seated the whole time ? did you have no decents or rocky rooty sections ? must have been abit boring ? 😉

ton

just to see if i could.
    on level horse ridden bridleways, that have been baked dry to.
    it went very numb after 2 hours, the last hour was tear inducing……….in a nice way…. 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Seated for three hours? Never – on road or off road.

samuri
    Free Member

I can't imagine staying seated for 3 hours but riding that long without stopping is a normal ride isn't it? I'd be up and out of the saddle quite a few times on a ride that long.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Most saddle time i've clocked up in one day is 9 hours the other week, 4 stops and I'm more than certain I stood up a few times

romster
    Free Member

Pretty regular 3+ hour rides without stops but can't say I stay stuck to the saddle, pretty hilly around here. What was the reason to stay seated? Only outcome i can see of such riding is rapidly tiring legs and the above, (sore arse)!

oxnop
    Free Member

yesterday at Dalby – Forgot how long it is (that was with 20mins messing about @ Dixons hollow)

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

my usual rides are about 2 and a half to 3 hours anyway thats after work, if im off for the day it will be about 4 or 5 if not more 🙂

juan
    Free Member

juan, constantly, no stops

Erm no… I have DH around here. Plus I need to pee sometimes to times, to eat as well and to refill the camelbag.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

4 hours average

juan+ 1 (gotta take a pee)

mieszko
    Free Member

3.20h on the road (90k ride) on Tuesday and 3.5h ride in the Pentlands Thursday. Longer rides on the road are fine (steel framed bike) but offroad when I had my HT rather than FS my back was knackered after 2+ hours. Now 3h+ are pretty enjoyable with my FS.

didmatt
    Free Member

On Tuesdays, 30miles road riding on a SX Trail. Don't ask, it was HELL!

3 hours on bridleways without getting out of the saddle ? No chance round here.
    I rode longer than that today linking up the bridleways with bits of road and had to get off to open about 20 gates.

Oggles
    Free Member

I don't think I could ever do a ride without standing up. How does one sprint in the saddle? It's pretty important to let your butt breathe and get some circulation too.

As for breaks, I only stop to chat up fit birds on bike paths.

IdleJon

Try 3 hours riding without sitting………………………..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nah I stop all the time. Any excuse. The landscape around here is lovely you can't just blast through it all without stopping to look. And then there's cake stops and cider stops and the bike shop stop and chat with strangers stops and ran out of puff stops and knocked off-line stops and somersault over the bars stops.

How on earth are you sitting down on the descents? You'll break yerself!

dreednya

I remember a few years a go I was tested at our local University on the affect of prolonged activity on immuno-globulins in your saliva. I had to cycle on a trainer for 3.5 hours non-stop at a low power output, easy I thought. But, my knees started aching after 2 hours and I really wondered whether I could complete or not. Hadn't thought about a 5 hour MTB ride having lots of standing up and no pedalling.

pypdjl
    Free Member

Plus I need to pee sometimes to … refill the camelbag.

Taking recycling one step too far…

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol oggles… the only 'birds' i see in home of singletrack area are the ones in the sky ! lol and occaisionaly the odd Hawk or pheasant..lol 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘riding you bike for 3 hours??’ is closed to new replies.