Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Riding from Ladybower on Sat – Good route suggestions?
  • Andyhilton
    Free Member

There are three of us going upto Ladybower on Saturday morning. I've been up a few times before but would like a good route suggestion please. About 3-4hours.

Thanks

Andy

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Obvious but Cut Gate Andy? With some bits added on around the Ladybower end of the ride?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Get there early. That's the best sugestion.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Cheers Chaps.

We should be there for about 0930

Davey – I've ridden round the peaks quite a bit but don't know a lot of the names. Where is cut gate specifically

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

up to the end of the res – then over to langsett
    if you can be there for half eight ride with us

Andyhilton
    Free Member

830 is probably a bit of a push. I drive from mine in sale to pickup 1 in chorlton and 1 in glossop. you can only imagine the fannying! thanks for the offer though!

Oi! 🙂

Toasty

Good stuff, handy thread as we're staying around there in a week or so. Is it mainly full sus, Ibis Mojo sort of trails, or more Spesh Tricross CX bike sort of thing?

poisonspider
    Free Member

This is a classic

[/url]]Hope Triple Eight

Link has GPS download files and maps etc.

Toasty – not sure CX is bike a good idea, the vast majority of decent trails around there are ROCKY!!! I'm sure someone will post to say they've done it and it's a piece of piss but I can't imagine it would be much fun.

nockmeister
    Free Member

You can do anything round there on a HT, wouldn't like The Beast on a CX tho…

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah hardtail is fine round the peaks, although its like any kind of rough trail, what you ride depends on how much comfort you want.

the beast is a must though – brilliant bit of trail imo. i'd also try and get chapel gate in (from rushups edge) if you dont come round this way very often.

poisonspider
    Free Member

BTW the Beast is on the Triple Eight mentioned above (although I think it may send you up it) 😳

poisonspider> that linked is frakked for me, unfortunately.

Where is The Beast again?

poisonspider
    Free Member

Soz, chuffed up the link

Try this

The Beast is from marker 2 to marker 6 on the map.

Cheers for the links guys, we cobbled a good ride together in the end and The Beast was a lot of fun. I had a big ass smile after getting down it with only a small amount of stackage.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

has anyone got a route for going down the beast??? ive never done it before, i always go straight across up roman road……anyone got a similar route going down it as a .gpx? the one on the hope 8 appears to go up the beast?

like the look of that route though, is there one similar including the beast going down? cant believe ive not done it, heard people bang on about it 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Riding from Ladybower on Sat – Good route suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.