Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding at fife where to go
  • Gemini79
    Free Member

Where do you recommend for riding up in fife was looking at Comrie Croft and Carron Valley? what do you think? any where else?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Depends where you are. The best ride I've done within Fife is the Lomond Hills which start just above Falkland-

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2268/2292599414_26f1f258d3_o.jpg

The route on the ground is quite hard to follow- just as you get to the peak, fork left up a very steep slope then traverse the hill to your left. When you see a track forking 45 degrees to your left back down the hill toward the reservoir, take that.

It's very "XC" but a lot of fun and I'd rather do that than Carron (though Carron is good).

Nearer the north, St Andrews and Cupar are close enough to ride to and around Kemback woods which just takes some exploring to be honest. There's a range of trails from XC to DH, but they're all doable on an XC bike (I've ridden the same trails on a hardtail with 80mm forks and the seat right up and my 6" AM bouncer and it's fun in different ways).

Pitmedden Forest apparently has good trails but I've never ridden them.

Tentsmuir Forest has a lot of Thetford style flat pumpy twisty singletracks that again take some exploring.

Laggan is about 1.45hrs North and is good, but on the way there's the Sidlaws by Dundee and superb riding at Birnham and Dunkeld within an hour of north Fife (closer than Carron).

GT and Inners are also within the same driving time as Carron.

If you need any more advice, e-mail me.

j_me
    Free Member

Pitmedden is good for a days fun, needs a bit of exploring. There's also blair Adam which idol too.

grant

There are a few options:

Blairadam, nr Kelty. Woodsy singletrack, roots, some bits of boardwalk here and there to get across ditches and the like. Theres lots to find if you look about.

Pitmedden, just north of Auchtermuchty. More woodsy singletrack and roots. Another place that rewards you if you look about.

Tentsmuir in the NE of Fife

Lomond Hills

There's more, but these are the main ones worth visiting IMO.

Gemini79
    Free Member

Thanks for that, will check them out

valley
    Free Member

/www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lomond-hills-ride-fife-sunday-15-aug-leslie-bike-shop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding at fife where to go’ is closed to new replies.