Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Revelation forks 'sucking down'?
  • mattrgee
    Free Member

Not been out on the bike for a few weeks and noticed my revelation forks are sucking down to 30% sag without any weight on the bike. I can ‘try’ and extend them fully by hand but it feels like a vacuum is pulling them down again.

Any ideas what’s up with them?

Thanks.

thekettle
    Free Member

If they’re the Dual Air model, try dropping the pressure in the -ve air chamber.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Sorry should have said, solo air.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Anyone else had this?

Rich
    Free Member

Yes.

I undone the bolt at the bottom of the air leg and then released the air from the valve inside.

They haven’t done it since.

benpinnick

Best long term solution – strip them down and clean, then rebuild using oil not grease.

br
    Free Member

Yep, and a DIY lower leg service didn’t solve the pull-down.

Spoke with Loco and he said it was to do with dirt in some valve. So sent them off for a full-service with them.

Fixed now and work fine.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry should have said, solo air.

It’s an air leak. A service might solve it, it might not.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or a vacuum caused by the port blocking if it’s the same as the other solo air ones I’ve seen do that. Lower service should check that part out.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have some pikes that did the same thing just after I arrived in Spain. A mix of deflating, inflating, pushing and pulling left them back as they should be but they will be getting a service as soon as I’m back in the UK. Googling suggests a blocked transfer port so I hope a service will do the trick.

scruff
    Free Member

Theres a little dent (which might be a port) which can get blocked with grease, theres a thread on Pinkbike with pics.

gee
    Free Member

Yep you need to do a lower leg service then pull the air side spring out and clean the little dent in the leg.

taxi25
    Free Member

Do what Rich says first. If it happens again go down the service route.

LoCo
    Free Member

It’ll be a block negative transfer port (the ‘dent’)
    Leaky seal, one of a number, service will sort.
    If you remove the bolt on the air side the bottom of the air shaft has a valve core in that you can depress and extend the forks with, althouht if there’s a leak it’ll happen again fairly soon.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Thanks all, will have a go this evening.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Revelation forks 'sucking down'?’ is closed to new replies.