Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Revelation Dual Air travel Reduction Help?
  • Swayndo
    Free Member

I've ordered one of these (2009) in the sales and will definitely try it at 140 on my MG, but I'm guessing it may be better at 120. Anyone any experience of reducing the travel on RS dual air forks?

Is it an easy enough task for someone who is handy at most bike DIY? Does the fork come with the all-travel spacer(s)? I had a websearch first and didn't find a easy step-by-step. Maybe it's not that easy!

Tiboy

It's really easy to do, you'll need to get hold of some spacers, not sure that the revs come with them, mine did but I asked for them from the shop. The proper way is to totally disassemble the fork, but I never bothered on my reba and revs and it's been fine, and much much quicker.
    Quick and dirty procedure is:
    1)remove all air from the fork
    2)undo nut on the neg air port, unscrew til nearly off them tap thread into fork with soft mallet, remove nut retaining the crush washer
    3)Remove pos air top cap, 22mm socket I think, or large adjsutable works, but be careful not to scratch the crown.
    4)Now push the neg air filler up through the leg, it'll come out of the top of the pos air chamber, might be a bit tight at the top.
    5) you now have a stainless steel rod with a disc on the top with an o-ring round the edge, a washer below that and then a rubber bump stop.
    6)The spacers go between the top disc and the washer, add as much as you want to reduce the travel by.
    7)reassemble, but make sure the o-ring is well lubed before pushing down into the leg, I'd also recommend putting a bit of suspension fluid into the leg before inserting the rod.
    8) Before pushing the rod through the bottom of the leg put 5ml of fluid into the bottom of the fork leg, then push rod through, and screw on nut.
    9)5ml of fluid again into the top before putting the top cap back in.
    10) Pressurise fork and go ride!

Fluid levels might be a bit different, see you manual, but this is what I use. If you're bristol based and need some fluid drop me an email.
    Hope this helps and isn't too confusing!

daveagiles
    Free Member

Serviced mine and did this last night. Did it the long way, but Tiboys way sounds quick!

Olny tool that you might not have is the socket for the top of the leg.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Many thanks guys. Tiboy, I'll keep your notes as a reference … very helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Revelation Dual Air travel Reduction Help?’ is closed to new replies.