Home Forums Bike Forum revelate tangle frame bag

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • revelate tangle frame bag
  • karnali
    Free Member

since my cheapo frame bag option wont be big enough any reviews ont eh small version of these or an alternative in the same design it seems wildcat do something similar but more expensive anyone else out there making a similar product

thomthumb
    Free Member

wildcat do something similar but more expensive

have you included import tax and UPS charges in your pricing? these added 50% to my last revelate order.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

so how much did that bring it to Tom?

i’m looking at getting some sort of nice big seat pack but the prices look too high for Revelate and PR etc

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I got stung by customs too when buying from Reverlate..

IIC it was about £30 for all the added charges, and taxes… :cry:

This guy looks good?

http://www.bikepack.eu/

stevemorg2

The Wildcat is excellent – well made and no more expensie than Revelate by the time you include duty, admin fees etc (and Wildcat will get a frame bag to you a lot quicker than Revelate!)

However – If you are on tight budget then look at these:

http://www.buggybags.co.uk/pages/BikeBagOptions.htm

not as nice as Wildcat but they do the job – I’m very pleased with mine

thomthumb
    Free Member

£100 seat pack (inc shipping) £45 charges & tax.

wildcat frame bag i have is built to the same if not better quality.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

£145 for the seatpack is outa my relm. cheers

karnali
    Free Member

steve morg how much was your frame bag from buggybags? any pics

tommid
    Free Member

Buggy bag all the way!

rudedog
    Free Member

drinkmoreport – Member
    £145 for the seatpack is outa my relm. cheers

You can do a budget seatpack with an alpkit 13L airlok xtra drybag and using 3 luggage staps to secure it to the top of your seatpost and seat.

total price is around £10

I used this set up for 3 trips last year and its been solid.

vorlich
    Free Member

Aye, how much are thosr BuggyBags?

karnali
    Free Member

rudedog do you have apic of the alpkit set up and did it catch on your thighs at all

ta

ElShalimo

rudedog – Member
    You can do a budget seatpack with an alpkit 13L airlok xtra drybag and using 3 luggage staps to secure it to the top of your seatpost and seat.

total price is around £10

I used this set up for 3 trips last year and its been solid.

Photos please !!!!!

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

sounds good but i bet it looks lame! i have one of those Alpkit bags and it can be strappd yes, but it don’t look good.

The Bikepack.EU stuff is well price and i may plump for one of those….anyone actualy got anything from Him?

stevemorg2

the buggybag frame bag cost @£55 but I think it may have been an introductory offer – I can’t see them being much more now though

d45yth
    Free Member

Plenty of folk have been buying the Bikepack stuff, that’s why there’s always a bit of a wait. Pricing is great, as is the postage. I couldn’t be happier with mine…I bought a seat and a bar bag.
    Here’s some info from when I first got my bags: Bikeandbivi.co.uk
    More info from the bloke who makes them: link (same site as above).

Blackhound

drinkmoreport – I got a fuel-tank from Pawel (the Polish chap). Good price and service was fine. He offered to rush it me for Christmas but I told him to leave it till after as I was in no rush.

Quality is excellent on the bag I have. I have looked at his rear/saddle bag but it ‘looks’ smaller than my Revelate bag that has seen better days.

I have heard the buggy-bag are made with cheaper, heavier materials therefore lower cost, though I have not seen one myself. The WIldcat one’s are well made with top notch materials – but you do pay a higher price for them.

MSP

I don’t think you could get a wetsuit into a tangle bag, or a seatpack. mine wouldn’t even come close.

tollah
    Free Member

A mate of mine will be making framebags soon enough. Their courier bags are fantastic.
    Spok[/url]

rudedog
    Free Member

karnali – Member
    rudedog do you have apic of the alpkit set up and did it catch on your thighs at all

ta

No it didn’t catch on my thighs, the way you use the straps stops this. I’ll get some pics sorted out tomorrow.

drinkmoreport – Member
    sounds good but i bet it looks lame! i have one of those Alpkit bags and it can be strappd yes, but it don’t look good.

It looks fine, as long as the bag is well packed it keeps its shape and is stable.

d45yth
    Free Member

There’s some info about the Buggybags here on STW.
    Checkout Bear Bones Bikepacking for some setups too.
    The cheapest frame bag you’ll get is a Jandd Framepack but these are rather small and you’ll have to order from the US. If you did fancy one it’s best to buy on eBay from Bikewagon (cheapest p+p).

rudedog
    Free Member

OK, bit late but here are the photos of a 13L alpkit airlok xtra used as a seatpack. The trick is to pack it really tight so it keeps its shape – also, way the first strap goes through the saddle rails gives it extra stability.

here is a pick of the bike on its side, you can see its not flopping (weight of the packed bag is over 6lbs so its fairly heavy). You can see it isn’t too wide so doesn’t get caught on your thighs.

Finally, here is a pic of the first strap going though the seat rails and attachment point on the bag (The second strap only uses the bottom attachment point and then through the seat rails. If you need more stability, you can add a 3rd short strap from the top unused attachment point and again go through the seat rails.

Great value for £10.

d45yth
    Free Member

Looking tidy rudedog! What size bag is it on your handlebars, an 8ltr?

For anyone wanting Revelate gear, you can order it from Veloista[/url] in Switzerland to save paying any import tax.

rudedog
    Free Member

Cheers – aye, its an 8L but a bit on the small side to be honest. I can only get my sleeping mat plus a couple of bits of clothes in it so could do with another 13L for the bars.

funkynick

Just in case anyone hadn’t heard, Alpkit are now making custom sized frame bags… after having a chat to them today at their yard sale, they are running them in batches, so if they say they are sold out on their website, then check back on the following monday as they only take as many orders as they can fulfil that week.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘revelate tangle frame bag’ is closed to new replies.