Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Restaurant recommendations in Ambleside?
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

It’s my wedding anniversary week after next and we’re heading to Ambleside for a couple of nights. Anyone got any recommendations for a decent restaurant? Want something pretty good but not hundreds of pounds.

There was that place that was featured on one of Gordon Ramsey’s shows but no idea whether they’ll be any good or not.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

sparkingchains
    Free Member

I’m always a fan of Zefirellis http://www.zeffirellis.com/restaurant/ GOod if you are into mediterranean food.

carlos
    Free Member

Not in Ambleside but just down the road in Windermere is a place called “Jambo” not been for a couple of years but it is well worth the taxi down IMO.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

YGM

saleem
    Free Member

Holbeck Ghyll is ok, that’s got a star, bit old school though, L’Enclume is very good, modern food, Simon Rogan is shit hot to be honest, taxi ride though as it’s in Cartmel, Gilpin lodge is good so I’ve heard, and like the others it’s got a star but It’s the only one I’ve not eaten at, if it was me I’d be getting a taxi to L’Enclume, hope this helps.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The curry house or Lucy’s if you want something cheaper for the 2nd night

stuey
    Free Member

2nd for Zefirellis

singletrackmind

The Drunken Duck is rather good. A fair step from the town , and it has its own brewery .
    Nb .- Not been for 2 years so might have changed .

PaulMc
    Free Member

The Log House – absolutely superb

Cougar

+1 for Zeff’s. One of my favourite restaurants. Vegetarian, but you’d never know; bumped into a bloke in the loos who told me he’d been going there for a couple of years and hadn’t realised until he asked if they did steak one day.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Thank you everyone, there’s a good few suggestions in there so I’m sure we’ll find somewhere good.

Cheers

jwt
    Free Member

+1 The Log House.

geoffj

I’ve had a couple of good meals in the Glass House – the one on the Ramsey show, next to Biketreks. The last was a couple of years ago mind, so it might have changed.

nbt

The wateredge up at waterhead was good when we went, as above though not been for some time

jimmy

Daisy cafe for breakfast. OMG Awesome pwns other cafes.

Seriously.

Dark-Side

Its a cab ride from Ambleside but the restaurant at Linthwaite House is pretty special.The Hotel has a private tarn overlooking Lake Windermere for a pre dinner romantic stroll as well.

MarkE25

Zefirelli’s is really good. Glass house was ok last time I went but we got turned away in May as they wouldn’t let us sit outside at 6pm with our baby daughter as they said she would disturb other diners-she was asleep!

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Thai restaurant very good food

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Zefs is good, the place gordon ramsey was at is next to biketreks. so worth a look in there too.

Also Lucy4’s is quite good too, if you like a bit of tapas.

Spongebob
    Free Member

The curry house there is tops!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Restaurant recommendations in Ambleside?’ is closed to new replies.