Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • repair klein pulse or buy inbred??
  • chop
    Free Member

right,i'm posting this on behalf of a mate who has no tinternet…

his 1993 pre trek klein pulse is in need of repair.ie new forks bottom bracket headset. although old this bike hasn't been ridden for 6 years and frame is in pretty good nick so should money be spent getting it rolling again or, buy on one inbred frame and use a few bits off the klein and source some used forks to build it up?after reading a few threads on here he's concerned his rather large mass of 23 stone 🙁 may be too much for the onone. then again the klein is 17 years old. what to do?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Disclaimer : other frames are available!

chop
    Free Member

ok should have said budget for a frame would be similar to the inbred.
    any other suggestions?

joolsburger
    Free Member

lose 7 stone??

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Your friend rides a 1993 bike and has no internet?

Sounds like retro all the way doesnt it?

Woody
    Free Member

At 23 stone a 456 or similar 'beefed-up' frame would be more in order.

Are the bits to swap as old as the Pulse? If so I would have thought looking for a complete bike on the classifieds would be more cost effective. Then flog the 'retro' parts to offset the cost.

finbar
    Free Member

What size is the Klein? If it's small i might be interested in buying it.

chop
    Free Member

alot of the parts are newish f519's on xt hubs xt mechs xtr v brakes pods ect.it's a large

finbar
    Free Member

Large? Oh well, never mind. Klein's go for decent money, especially if it's a pre-Trek one.

As it's alu and old i'd suggest it might not last long under a 23 stone rider. Maybe sell that and get an Inbred 456 summer season (think they're supposed to be a bit stronger than the standard inbred) or similar?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘repair klein pulse or buy inbred??’ is closed to new replies.