Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Repair floats or buy revs?
  • Brown
    Free Member

My floats have worn uppers and knackered bushings. (Don’t really care about how/why etc. – I’ve serviced them a fair bit, they’ve lasted a fair while and the damping’s awesome. I like them.)

But it’s going to be £280 to fix them. Ouch. (And about a tenner more to have Kashima legs put on.)

You can buy new Revs/Sektors for £300.

I reckon Foxes perform better (I’ve had Revs and Pikes before), but I’d be getting a whole new fork if I bought the Rockshox. Hmm.

What do you reckon I should do?

glenh
    Free Member

If you have them serviced and have the bushings and uppers replaced, you’ve essentially got a brand new pair of floats. Everything that wears will have been replaced.

That said the newer RS forks perform considerably better than the old pikes/revs if you make sure to get the blackbox dampers (the air spring has been improved too).

greeble
    Free Member

what glenh said.. and while you’re at it get a fit cart fitted..

Brown
    Free Member

I’ve not seen Blackbox forks anywhere for anything like the same price. I’m assuming the damping on the normal Revs hasn’t changed?

Pretty happy with the Fox as it is, so not too fussed about getting FIT added. Is there much difference? (I’m pretty skint at the moment too!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Repair floats or buy revs?’ is closed to new replies.