Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Removing Pro 2 Evo endcaps
  • svalgis
    Free Member

The rear non-driveside endcap on my Pro 2 Evo won’t come off. Isn’t it supposed to just pull off like the three other endcaps on the wheelset or did I miss something? I’ve been pulling with pliers like a maniac (I don’t really care about damaging it at this point) and it hasn’t moved a millimeter so far.

Rorschach
    Free Member

If you’ve got the ds cap off you can stick something (old qr) in from that side and thump it off.

svalgis
    Free Member

I tried that too, but as it’s a 10mm through endcap and the acutal axle diameter is 12mm (right?) I only have one millimeter of “wall” to put the QR against, so I didn’t get any luck with that either. But am I atleast right in thinking that I haven’t missed a crucial step of some kind that would hold it in place? If so I could try it again but thumping the QR with a hammer rather than my little princessy hands.

Pridds

Molgrips and give it welly. Tended to struggle with pliers as part of the force is exerted just keeping them clamped on

mikewsmith
    Free Member

vice and wiggle is my technique

svalgis
    Free Member

I sorted it eventually with the “thump from the inside” technique – my QR axle was a little too rounded to make it work but when I found a pipe with a square edge it was an easy job.

Cheers!

Digby

Park Tool axle & pedal vice [AV5] placed in a vice always works for me – seems to reduce this risk of slipping and/or crushing the endcap!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Removing Pro 2 Evo endcaps’ is closed to new replies.