• This topic has 52 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Reformed bands. Yes or No?
  • CountZero

Saw Dire Straits supporting Talking Heads in ’77. They were good then. Saw both FNM and Soundgarden, would happily go see both bands again. Really wanted to see the Pixies as I never got to see them first time around, but tickets went too quickly. Would dearly love to see Dark Star and Tiger reform and tour, I was delighted to find a copy of Dark Star’s unreleased second album Zurich online which I’ve downloaded. Great album, just bloody record company indifference caused them to call it a day, and the company refused to let them have the album to release themselves. Little wonder the music business is in such a state.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahh… so I do know what The Flock sound like!

*Is slightly embarrassed for faux pas*

philconsequence
    Free Member

earthtone9 have got back together, as have oneminutesilence. this pleases me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

A lot of decent bands go three years between albums anyway, so I wouldn’t worry if I were you.

It’s when they get back together after 20 years and are clearly only in it for the money that you need to worry.

Velvet Underground at Wembley Arena springs to mind. I had to go, obviously, but it was sooo wrong.

But then other times it can be wonderful, like MBV and Human League a couple of years ago.

toby1

Rival Schools getting back together 🙂 Maybe they were never apart but there was a long time between albums.

Primal Scream still trawling round 🙁 I’ve rearely been called a c**t by a band before but they really are a proper bunch of pr!cks – I left soon after that, rubbish, stop touring as you are clearly only in it for the money!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’d love to, but it would mean digging two of them up…

grum
    Free Member

Really wanted to see the Pixies as I never got to see them first time around, but tickets went too quickly.

I saw them in Glasgow last year (I think) and they were great.

Northwind

philconsequence – Member

earthtone9 have got back together, as have oneminutesilence. this pleases me.

OMS have a special place in my heart as the first band I ever got really properly trampled half to death in a circlepit to. But I think I might not try and relive that if I get to see the reformed version.

Now Pitchshifter, there’s a band that should properly reform… They should have been like the Prodigy, getting a kickstart off Pendulum and Enter Shikari and these other johnny-come-latelys.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Pitchshifter

Saw them supporting a group years ago. I must of caught them on an off day, they were awful.

chakaping
    Free Member

I want to see Pixies too.

They are touring America so hopefully Europe will follow.

ChrisL

Actually, now you guys have suggested it, I’d go see Dire Straits.

Mainly for the Local Hero theme though (I hope).

Mark Knopfler played that in Glasgow last year. I’m not sure if it was a usual part of the setlist or a special seeing as he was in Scotland. It was pretty good, I don’t think it’s one of the songs/tunes that really needs Dire Straits to be playing it.

Northwind

1freezingpenguin – Member

Pitchshifter

Saw them supporting a group years ago. I must of caught them on an off day, they were awful.

They did go quite badly wrong… For all I want them to reform now I also wish they’d split up a bit earlier :mrgreen:

Kato

One reason why I’d love to see At The Drive-In reform

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08qk_pMJFak[/video]

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Reformed bands. Yes or No?’ is closed to new replies.