Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommendations please – pressure washer to run off the car lighter socket
  • hillsplease

Morning

Any recommendations for the above please for 24hr solo racing? My pit crew have threatened me with something physically impossible involving a work stand unless I sort one for next year. I’m not keen.

Many thanks

Paul

BoardinBob

Got this: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=58018

A lot cheaper than the Mobi or Dirtworker and it’s been fine for me.

z1ppy

Dirtworker aka Nomad or one of the alternatives, though it’s seemingly much of a muchness between them, except DW’s exceptional customer service.
    Though IIRC DW was the original and everyone else just copied them…
    Previous threads

wwaswas

Wiggle were doign Mobi ones ‘cheap’ recently.

creamegg
    Free Member

Mrs got fed up of a filthy bike in the car and in the lounge (live in a flat) so she bought me a Mobi washer as an early xmas present and I got to say im impressed with it. Holds enough water to wash at least 4 or 5 bikes for a quick wash and has various pressure settings. Bike now gets a 3 minute hose down before it gets back in the car whick keeps her indoors happy.

hillsplease

Marvellous news – thanks fellas.

jedi

i had one like the brandx one and the connectors broke etc… 🙁

atlaz
    Free Member

I have a dirtworker. The power connector broke a bit so I had to bodge it with tape and cable ties but it’s been fine since. As I’m living in a flat again it’ll be getting a lot of use over winter (though not if, as told, we’re expecting -25 and several feet of snow over winter).

Duggan

45% off at Wiggle on Mobi-Washer:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mobi-v-15-pressure-washer/

DavidB
    Free Member

I bought one from ebay that was linked from here. Cant find the link now but it was £40 and works fine

teamslug
    Free Member

Had a dirtworker for over 5 years now and always performs. No problems at all. Best to run engine when using it to give bit more pressure….and store it dry or at least with lid off to stop a new lifeform growing in the bottom.I take a 25 litre barrel of water in reserve too.Easily wash 3 or 4 bikes thoroughly with one tank full.

MarkN
    Free Member

How much water do you take? I suspect a typo and you meant 2.5 ltrs 🙂 .

Dirtworker user here as well, must be about 5 years old as well and never missed a beat. The engine running does boost the pressure a bit if you need it, warms the car up for when you get in as well!

Bit of advice I would give is to clean out the filter every now and then. and a drop of dettol or similar to keep it fresh.

manmuc
    Free Member

The nomad is definitely the best in my view. It’s the most powerful by far so does the job more quickly and has a very wide adjustment so u won’t damage your bike.

Nomad have an offer on at the moment £116 quid.

Tom.S
    Free Member

I knew a guy who had an old fire extinguisher that he had fitted a car type valve, he could fill it with water and pressurise it with a bike pump… hey presto potable bike wash!

Tom.S
    Free Member

I knew a guy who had an old fire extinguisher that he had fitted a car type valve, he could fill it with water and pressurise it with a bike pump… hey presto portable bike wash!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations please – pressure washer to run off the car lighter socket’ is closed to new replies.