Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some….erm…..Astro Turf!
  • nickswolves
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those modern town houses which is fine except for the pokey garden. Because the bottom half of the garden gets little daylight grass just dies without constant care and attention. I’ve therefore decided to get it astro turfed but have no idea which is decent and which isn’t – any recommendations welcome?

busydog
    Free Member

I’m in the US, so don’t know what brands are available there in the UK, but I would highly recommend it. We had our backyard done with artificial turf and really love it. Only real maintenance is blowing leaves off of it. The dogs (50 and 65 lbs)love it and run on it endlessly—-so far, after 1 1/2 years, it has shown no signs of wear at all. The backing is perforated, so water penetrates for trees, shrubs, etc. We live in the desert southwest and no negative results from 300+ days of direct sunshine.
    The choices, here at least, were quite a few manufacturers and each brand had 3 or 4 “grades” to choose from. I would say go for the higher grades as it has much more of a natural turf look and better quality.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

I have a very small garden and 2 little girls…. So I went for this
    http://www.expressgrass.com/selhurst-artificial-grass.php

Did the sand, base prep myself and the grass arrived in a big roll.

Very pleased with it

busydog
    Free Member

Did the sand, base prep

I forgot to put in my above post, but doncorleoni’s post reminded me of it. Getting the base prep done right is a big key to a successful installation.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Thanks guys, appreciate your suggestions.

Squirrel

“No-Mow” looks pretty realistic.

jamiea
    Free Member

Haven’t got a dog have you? Friends of ours had it laid and it absolutely stunk of dog piss! Not the most pleasant BBQ I’ve been to!

Cheers,
    Jamie

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Had ours done about 4 years back by these guys http://www.lifestylelawns.co.uk and very pleased. Recommended them to friends and colleagues who are also happy. Based in Newport Pagnell but will travel about and worth a look.

Drac

woody21
    Free Member

We got ours from our local garden centre in Darley Dale near Matlock. Just needs a brush, we’ve got a dog so we do give it a good clean every so often

sharkbait
    Free Member

Be wary about installing it under trees (if that’s your reason for no light). Leaves drop and unless removed start to rot, turn black and sink into the fabric.
    Doncorleoni – that looks good. Wish it had been around when I was at my first house…. would have been perfect.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some….erm…..Astro Turf!’ is closed to new replies.