Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Recommend me some waterproof trousers
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Am after something that is quite loose-fitting with a drawstring waist not zip/button. Don’t want camo army ones.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Get blue army ones then. They have a button but also an elastic cord. http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/trousers/raf-wet-weather-goretex-trousers-686938.html

spacemonkey

Budget?

Paramo Cascada here. About £100 but bloody good in the wet/cold.

matt_outandabout

Draw string, 3/4 side zips, black, cheap, last ages, quite baggy/walking trousers not most breathable

Berghaus Deluge

I usually pay under £40

/endthread

voodoo_chile

Deluge .,way forward for £40 ish

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

RAF surplus, in RAF blue.

Goretex, £12

loddrik
    Free Member

Are the deluge ok for riding in?

People know I’m a big proponent of Paramo as it’s all I wear on top to ride in but I can’t see the trousers keeping your arse dry on the bike due to the way the waterproofing works.

cakefacesmallblock

Berghaus paclite extreme.
    Ball up small to go in a pack, used in really awful conditions and keep me bone dry. My pair is ten years old and been on the bike and walking in the mountains countless times.
    I use an old mag freebie neck warmer to keep the drive side ankle out of the chain ring.

jam-bo

The deluges are pretty heavy and not very breathable. I wouldn’t ride in them.

toemul
    Free Member

Reubens bang on RAF troos shit hot and cause they gortex good for cycling in used 20 times for me 6 mile commute and arse end not wearing out.

toemul
    Free Member

Very breathable as expected.

dti

just spent two wet weekends in wet west wales working outside in the RAF goretex jacket and overtrousers – recommended.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

thats interesting, was about to buty some cheap tenn breathable trousers to mtb in the rain.

ebay for the raf trousers or is there an online store?

toofarwest
    loddrik
    Free Member

I looked at that site. Shame they only have small medium or large, not the fat bast and size I need.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just bought some eBay ones so fingers crossed

therag
    Free Member

I’ve got some craft active rain pants in xl brand new
    Loose fit with braces 34/36″ waiste
    £45 posted

busta
    Free Member

The RAF trousers are brilliant. Never wet, never sweaty, great value for money and look smarter than typical black shiny trousers. They also pack down pretty small if you tuck them into their own back pocket.

CHB

How do the RAF trousers size up? What is medium and large in waist size and leg length?

busta
    Free Member

Think mine were a medium and they fit my 34 inch waist and are too long for my 28 inch legs, just like every pair of trousers I own. Sizing is typical military- Leg / waist / seat, all measured in cm. So mine are labelled as 80/84/100.

scotroutes

Any idea what Smalls are sized at?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some waterproof trousers’ is closed to new replies.