Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me… (baby gifts)
  • simonb512
    Free Member

I don’t post often, and when I do its usually a stupid question or a rant…

However my older brother (or rather his fiancee) is having a baby boy and its due next week. Which will give me two/three weeks to get a prezzie or something sorted (giving them space for a week min before the gf and I head over).

Can anyone recommend me something that would be a suitable gift?

Budget is a paltry £50. They have pretty much just gone out and bought everything needed already, and I’m being totally clueless (other than toys and clothes, but don’t know what toys/clothes).

akira

Bouncy chair, very useful when nipper gets a bit older.

wwaswas

Scalextric, surely?

z1ppy

£50 into some kind of kiddy saving account (and keep adding every b’day/xmas), what use are gift’s at this point in there life?

£50 paltry.. not to me…

Stoner
    Free Member

Muslins.

You can never have enough muslins.

Just make sure you ask for them back in a couple of years time for the shed. Great for wiping GT85 over the bike 🙂

simonb512
    Free Member

I will also add they are metal fans, and have already gone to the trouble of finding black/band related clothing for the poor child.

jonnyv
    Free Member

unimaginitave i know but,size,sex,what other people have bought,do vouchers.

chakaping
    Free Member

Problem solved…

http://www.babyblooms.co.uk/baby-clothes-bouquets.html

Someone got us these and we loved them. I got them for my sister and she loved them.

I’m sure your sis will love them too.

simonb512
    Free Member

size is an unknown as its not born yet? (as mentioned in first post) Though we presume he is going to be on the small size.

sex is male (also mentioned in first post)

It also appears that I’ll be the first person to buy anything. :/ Though theres lots of different reasons for that.

Vouchers Im thinking of, but other than baby gap, mother care and/or next I have no idea.

Markie
    Free Member

A local photographer offers 3 photography sessions over 12 months (you choose the timings of each of them) with an included 8×10 photo from each one (and the option to buy more, of course) for £35. With the extra £15 you could pay for an extra print or two (or a larger poster size one or whatever).

I’m sure they’d be photography studios near your brother offering the same thing, and it’s a gift that will really last (and seems very personal, IMO)!

More traditionally, this mobile was loved by our baby for her first year – now at 18 months she stands up in her crib and kisses the dog and cat pictures!

Ooh, we got given a baby blooms from my wife’s work… I was ‘fake flowers, what the hell’ and then totally won over when they converted into clothes!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I won’t try to answer the OP, but buy your brother a bottle of something nice (whiskey/wine/whatever) as he will be the one feeling left out in a couple of weeks time….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We never foudn a use for Muslims with our son. What was useful…

Lots of basic cheap baby suits the next size up, nappies etc.

My uncle bought us a baby bouncer chair thing…. well we said which one we wanted. We went for the cheap Fischer Price one for £20 which worked a treat. Had a vibrate thing though which really helped get baby FD to sleep.

Toys are kind of irrelevant straight away, maybe better buying a few baby clothes (from asda etc) and £25 in the bank for when hes older.

Can you buy him/her some none gothic parents?

Following in from Mastiles…. get your bro some decent ear plugs!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Royal Selangor Pewter

simonb512
    Free Member

Those babyblooms clothing bouquets are the fore runners so far. As for getting my brother a little something on the side is a good idea.

Problem solved.

Cheers all.

ericemel
    Free Member
    tonyd

Babyblooms thing looks good. We were given one of these when our eldest was born (16 months) and he still loves it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unknown-Tomy-Starlight-Dreamshow/dp/B00407FQYE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1298477637&sr=1-4

£50 is not a paltry amount in the slightest, especially if you’re getting them clothes. I’d echo that toys etc are pointless, better to get them something useful (clothes, nappies, etc).

Maybe a bottle of infacol too in case of colic!

Trekster

What zippy says
    Will/could pay for juniors further education later on. If such a thing exist in the future 🙄
    Other things could include first Isla Bike or car if there is fuel of any kind and roads(tracks)to drive on.
    Sorry just been for a pot hole ridden ride to see the Olds 👿
    btw, 4th grandchild on the way in August 😀

Should have shares in this place;
    http://www.kid-nap.com/Comments.html

woody2000

Some condoms and/or a DIY vasectomy kit (stanley knife), for those inevitable “we’re not having another!” nights.

😀

Bunnyhop

have already gone to the trouble of finding black/band related clothing for the poor child.

Don’t people realise that the baby needs to be comfortable, you know in soft stuff like baby grows. Even older babies look stupid in adult type clothing imo.

Gift vouchers would be ideal.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me… (baby gifts)’ is closed to new replies.